Polikarpov I-16 type 18 1:33

rowin

Sweeeet! I've seen your I-16 before, but every time I'm blown away!

There you have it, LSP folks. Paper master at his best! I feel small, but encouraged to push myself a little bit further. Great model Peter!!!

:wow: :wow: :bow: :bow:

I know you're working on something, please don't hesitate to share your progress. I would love to see another paper model in the WIP section.

Oh, I almost forgot:

:post1:

Are you kidding me? That's a paper model? :frantic: That's simply astounding. Not only one of the best card aircraft models I've seen, but one of the best models of the I-16 I've seen in any medium.

Congrats and welcome aboard Rowin!

:post1:

Kev

thank you for the warm welcome to the forum!

That is a paper model, but to achieve this effect, uses a plastic model airplane techniques, such as wash. In addition, the model is covered before several layers of acrylic clear coat and lightly sanded to obtain a smooth surface.

I believe that no matter what techniques, but most important is the final result. And this is what plastic modellers show is an excellent lesson in painting and application service marks of the aircraft. And this is the reason why I like forums like this.

Regards

Peter

Paper models are "pre-colored" with the camouflage and markings printed on. Usually the only coloring done by the builder is to color the cut edges of pieces so that the "bare" paper does not show at the butt joints.

Paper models are "pre-colored" with the camouflage and markings printed on. Usually the only coloring done by the builder is to color the cut edges of pieces so that the "bare" paper does not show at the butt joints.

I realise that Ron, but Peter commented elsewhere about printing out his patterns on an inkjet printer, so I figured perhaps he's not using a kit, but rather, printing out his own un-coloured designs and then finishing them using standard plastic model painting techniques.

Kev

Kev - most of the "print-your-own" models are also pre-colored. Some designers also offer uncolored or partially colored models suitable for modification with a graphics program and these allow you to add your own markings, etc. Fiddlers Green and Stahlhart Models are two that immediately come to mind. There are a number of us that repaint the designer's original and then sell the repaint (with the designer's concurrence) on sites like eCardmodels. Peter's use of traditional plastic weathering techniques on a paper model is not seen too often because of the risks involved in coating the paper (pre- or post-assembly). It calls for an experienced, delicate touch which Peter obviously has.