Jennings Heilig

Roscoe Brown's P-51D "Bunnie"

Since the decal sheet I linked to was just recently released (I believe) I thought Jennings might not be aware that it existed. Guess I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to see the subtleties between them. Someone want to point them out and enlighten me?

Guest TimC

Since the decal sheet I linked to was just recently released (I believe) I thought Jennings might not be aware that it existed. Guess I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to see the subtleties between them. Someone want to point them out and enlighten me?

I can't seem to get to the Sprue Bro's site (past the home page) right now but if memory serves, the last time I looked at the Warbirds decal sheet, the "Miss Kentucky State" looked off compared to extant photographs and what Jennings has illustrated on his sheet. I had not noticed any other discrepancies but with the caveat that I did not scrutinize the sheet closely.

Warbirds clearly based their decal on the incorrectly painted (on several counts) Mustang at the San Diego Air & Space Museum. It has several discrepancies compared to photos of the actual airplane, most notably the location and style of the wording on the RH side of the cowling...

44-73683_07_bd1.jpg

Bunnie3view.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

I can't seem to get to the Sprue Bro's site (past the home page) right now but if memory serves, the last time I looked at the Warbirds decal sheet, the "Miss Kentucky State" looked off compared to extant photographs and what Jennings has illustrated on his sheet. I had not noticed any other discrepancies but with the caveat that I did not scrutinize the sheet closely.

Here's the image posted in Sprue Brothers' catalog listing of that sheet:

wbd32006.jpg

Charles Metz

Guest TimC

I'm in for a set....let me know how much and when to pay.