Brian79

Ready to join the 16 mile high club?

Brian,

I was just looking in my box, and was wondering if anyone else noticed how "anemic" the very front chines look? It almost looks like they modeled an A-12 and not an SR. That and the bottom of the nose doesn't have that distinctive bulge either. That would be great if you included those fixes in your release :speak_cool: .

Thanks,

Jim

Brian,

I was just looking in my box, and was wondering if anyone else noticed how "anemic" the very front chines look? It almost looks like they modeled an A-12 and not an SR. That and the bottom of the nose doesn't have that distinctive bulge either. That would be great if you included those fixes in your release :speak_cool: .

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, thats not an area we're going to address...I'm already up to my neck with the Skyray! LOL

I'm already up to my neck with the Skyray! LOL

Brian- Is there any rough idea on the time frame for the SR-71 bits? Not trying to rush you or pin you down to a date, just curious about when you hope to release them.

Brian,

Thanks,

Jim

Funny you say that, I am wondering about the same thing on my kit. Thread here http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=237255&pid=2261271&st=0entry2261271

Let's discuss....

Brian- Is there any rough idea on the time frame for the SR-71 bits? Not trying to rush you or pin you down to a date, just curious about when you hope to release them.

2012 if the world is still here.

Brian, thanks for the great news about the SR-71 parts will be looking at picking up at least a set of them. I have two of these birds sitting on the shelf and kept pushing them back due to no detail parts for them. Dan

I received the Wheel & Tire set and the detail is awesome.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barry

Glad you like them Barry, I spent a great deal of time measuring the real ones. This set is dimensionally spot on down to the Silvertown logos and will add a great deal of realism to this neglected area of the kit.

I did one several years ago...rescribed all of the raised panel detail.... Ouch!

For pilots I used a pair left over from an old F-111 kit. I messed those up because I painted them orange like the space shuttle suits they used....but the markings are for a Vietnam era blackbird! Ooops!

Cool! I've been wanting to rebuild this one, I was never very happy after I rushed the completion for a contest. There is plenty of room for more detail on this kit! ...I should probably knock the dust off too.

I see the wheels on your site, are the other sets still coming or have I missed them?

101_0148.jpg

Edited by RacerDave