Ready to join the 16 mile high club?

Brian,

I was just looking in my box, and was wondering if anyone else noticed how "anemic" the very front chines look? It almost looks like they modeled an A-12 and not an SR. That and the bottom of the nose doesn't have that distinctive bulge either. That would be great if you included those fixes in your release :speak_cool: .

Thanks,

Jim

Brian,

I was just looking in my box, and was wondering if anyone else noticed how "anemic" the very front chines look? It almost looks like they modeled an A-12 and not an SR. That and the bottom of the nose doesn't have that distinctive bulge either. That would be great if you included those fixes in your release :speak_cool: .

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, thats not an area we're going to address...I'm already up to my neck with the Skyray! LOL

Brian,

Thanks,

Jim

Funny you say that, I am wondering about the same thing on my kit. Thread here http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=237255&pid=2261271&st=0entry2261271

Let's discuss....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received the Wheel & Tire set and the detail is awesome.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barry

Glad you like them Barry, I spent a great deal of time measuring the real ones. This set is dimensionally spot on down to the Silvertown logos and will add a great deal of realism to this neglected area of the kit.

I did one several years ago...rescribed all of the raised panel detail.... Ouch!

For pilots I used a pair left over from an old F-111 kit. I messed those up because I painted them orange like the space shuttle suits they used....but the markings are for a Vietnam era blackbird! Ooops!

Cool! I've been wanting to rebuild this one, I was never very happy after I rushed the completion for a contest. There is plenty of room for more detail on this kit! ...I should probably knock the dust off too.

I see the wheels on your site, are the other sets still coming or have I missed them?

101_0148.jpg

Edited by RacerDave