Weird subject: Best fitting kit PART(s)

GVINCENT

Hi,

I was looking at some of my built kits and this popped into my mind..

I built the Revell Hunter a few year ago and I remember snapping the main wheels onto the main gear for a test fit before I glued them in place because they are pre-flattened on the bottom. Not really paying attention because I was planning to move them to the correct position the wheel an main gear were so tight I had to use the tip of my xacto knife to pop them apart. Which of course left a scratch tha needed to be fill and sanded on the wheel.

As I approached the finish of this kit. I lined up the wheels, flat side down and snapped them on the main gear. I mean to those that have built this kit, there is almost no attachment point! To this day, they are still on the kit. I figured one day I would find the wheel or wheels off the plane and would simply glue them in place when that happens. Still hasn't and it's been more than 5 years.

Anyone else have something fit so wheel on a kit that this has happened to? Just curious on how much of a fluke this may be? I mean especially the landing gear? What are the odds?!?

Thanks for looking! Looking forward to others experiences!

Gary V.

The Tamiya F-16

Not just parts.....that whole kit fitted perfectly.

:punk:

True True :wub: :beer:

best part is the engine in the thunderbird kit build is separately then just slide it all in there and presto same goes for the front piece of the intake snap tight fit there.

Love It

Cheers

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I have built a LOT of kits in the past three years and the absolute best was the Hasegawa Ki-84. Hands down the best. No filler that I can recall and the kit basically built itself. Brilliant.

I've built two WingNut Wings kits so far and would say they rank on the top of the list. Most parts fit so well that they will not even tolerate paint to fit.

I agree with the Tam F-16 also. Although I don't build a lot of flame throwers I have build this one.

Ron

I have to agree with the WNW testimony - the few problems with fit that I have had on a half dozen of them always turned out to be me, not the kits. I haven't built much other that WNW lately so can't comment on other manufacturers.