Arado 196 A-3

miamiangler

I used Testors decal paper and decal bonder spray for making the Unit badges .

DSCN0481.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

This is one of the Ar 196`s I am thinking of doing . There are 9 Ar196 that where with the 2.SAGr/125 In the fall 1943 7R+AK,7R+BK,7R+CK,7R+IK,7R+GK,7R+HK,7R+MK.

1-Arado-Ar-196A3-2_SAGr-125-7RBK-Mediterranean-1942-01.jpg

I might not get much done this weekend it all depends on which way Issac is heading :(.

Thanks Willi

Edited by miamiangler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy`s ,

Still working on the canopies . The clear resin is not as easy to work with ! I made a two piece mold which seems to work much better I am using an RTV rubber sold in Perl`s Art supply that is much easier to use and is cheaper by volume . Smooth-On OOMOO30 Tin-Cure Silicone Rubber www.smooth-on.com .

I am hoping to have parts done by this week .I am using a pressure pot to cure the small bubble problem !

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Hi Shawn

Thanks for your comment .

The pressure pot did the trick I finally got a few sets of canopies without the tiny bubbles in them .It`s been about 15y ears since I did any mold making and pouring resin .I`m kind of rusty at doing that sort of stuff! It`s going to be next week till I do anything with the canopies the resin has to cure for a few days .

Shawn PM Sent

Willi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Wow its been 5 years since I have looked on this site ! I have started this proiect again . I just have to remember how to upload photos again . There will be some updates soon . Hope all my friends on this forum are well !

Willi

On 9/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, miamiangler said:

Wow its been 5 years since I have looked on this site ! I have started this proiect again . I just have to remember how to upload photos again . There will be some updates soon . Hope all my friends on this forum are well !

Willi

Welcome back Willi!   Glad to have you posting again, and looking forward to another update.   :D