tamiya blue-nose

ladder4boy

I'll bite. Like i said, i'm already in 3 GB's.. what difference can one more make, right? :BANGHEAD2: I'll be building Meyer's ride, but may take a few liberties with gunsight's, etc.. Been having to do way too much "modeling" on my other builds.. will be a nice change of pace to hopefully just "assemble" one!

requisite "start" photo..

DSCN3698.jpg

Hoping this one will go faster than the others!

Cheers,

Jerry

hey there GW! glad to see you lookin' in. I'm doing Petie 2nd, and i'm going to attempt to foil the fuselage. Still doing some digging about interior colors and such, which is why i haven't started painting any of the sub-assemblies yet. I think i'm settling on interior green in the pit, zinc chromate yellow in the wheel wells and gun pits. the kit definately falls together just like the spitfire. My only complaint so far, and it's a teeny tiny one :DodgeBall: , is the ejector pin marks in the wheel well area. most of them are covered up, but a couple of big ones need to be filled and some creative sanding is involved! It's coming along quite nicely tho, just use extreme caution when cutting the thin parts from sprues and glueing up as they are almost thiner than the kit suppied PE!

Cheers guys!

Jerry

• 3 months later...

Hey Guy. Some progress HAS actually been made, some paint in the cockpit and some foil on some of the innards.. just haven't had a chance to take any pics. Hoping to get a bit of work done and some shots of it over the thanksgiving break. I kind of got stuck on this one because my brain got in the way, which is hardly EVER the case! The problem as i see it is this.. this kit is wonderful.. i don't think you could ask for more. The problem with this is that with such a kit, you begin to feel that since it's nearly perfect, your effort at constructing and painting it needs to be perfect as well. then before you know it you've spent three weeks scouring all your reference materials for production numbers to find out what color the wheel wells in that black and white photo are, just what shade of blue is right, etc. then you put it back in the box and put the box under the bench and begin to loathe it and your lack of talent. Then, one day, you decide to say "screw it, french blue is close enough" and power on. that moment happened for me about a week ago! So, barring any catastrophe's with the carving knife thursday, progress shall be made!

Thanks for lookin' in.

Cheers,

jerry

Those kits really are intimidating, but I realised at one point that I can't be scared by plastic, at the age of 39. So I just started cutting and it turns out that yes, you can overcome that fear. And now I can't stop. Think I need another Tamiya fix once I'm done with the Mustang.

Kyrre

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...