Sign in to follow this  
Brian79

New kit announcement

Buried deep within one of the threads here we made the announcement of what our new kit would be and it appears most didn't see it. I just noticed a thread in the LSP discussion forum that discusses this since I mentioned it in another thread today, so I thought I'd make it official in case that one gets buried too! LOL

The next kit will be a F4D-1 Skyray. We mulled over which subject we would do for awhile and in the end we went with it based on what the posters here wanted and availability of information on it. We have started the design phase already and are well on our way as some have already noted. I have plans to spend some time with one in a few months, but have already begun the journey of reviewing diagrams and making masters. It is too early to speculate on a release date, decal options, etc. What I can tell you is that we are only getting better at what we do. It is our goal to bring you the most accurate kit right out of the box with the detail that you would expect in all of the appropriate areas. We are model builders at heart and of course that is the reason why we make kits. We understand the frustration of waiting for a new kit to be released only to find out there are glaring errors so we do our homework. We may not be the fastest manufactuer out there but when it hits your door its right period.

While we're talking, you may have noticed that we are also starting to release accesories for exsisting kits. It is our intention to keep them coming, these will help broaden our catalog while helping you overcome areas on kits that desperatelly need attention. We approach these subjects with the same intensity as we do our full kits. I sat on a 5 gallon bucket for three hours measuring and studying every detail of our recently release Thud tires. We could have banged them out for a buck, but we want to get it right and the results speak for themselves. They simply can't be any better. For subjects that we don't have access to, like the Su-25 for example, we rely on subject matter experts and more often the actual crews themselves ensuring that we are as accurate as possible.

That said, we appreciate your input and we enjoy talking with everyone. I've met alot of nice people like Peter, Barry, Ads, Wolf, Brian and many more since we were offered this opportunity and we are very greatful! In the next few weeks we will be making another accessory announcement and we believe this one will be more exciting than last months. We'll be bringing new rubber to the strip, pylon candy and most importantly since as I write this the last of the shuttles is currently in orbit, our first set of accessories for this historic vehicle.

happy modeling and thank you very much for your support!

Brian

This is hands down one of the prettiest Jets in the 50's - the cutlass looks as cool but looks like it belomgs in space - where as this one looks like a bird - looking forward to it!:speak_cool:

F4D-1_VF-102_CVA-59.jpeg

Ads

Edited by Ads

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Fantastic choice and subject. Sure is going to be a beauty. Should be an instant success.

Peter

'I sat on a 5 gallon bucket for three hours measuring and studying every detail of our recently release Thud tires.'

Was it not possible to 3D scan it?

TIA.

Sincerely,

Mark

I want one! This is great news as I'm a huge fan of the '50s-'70s USN and USAF subjects. Personally, I'd also love to see and FJ-1, FJ-2/3 and FJ-4/4B Fury, not to mention the F3H Demon, F11 Tiger.

I want a Cutlass as well but I'll need to do a bit of serious saving for that, expensive but sooo worth it! I sold a few bits on Evil-bay which funded my Panther and Cougar kits and couldn't be happier with them. Actually, a thought has occured:- What about a conversion set to turn the Zoukei-Mura A-1H Skyraider into the A-1E version?

Anyway, enough of my rambling Thanks for producing such gorgeous kits, keep 'em coming. I'm off to contemplate the F4D in my future. Best regards, David.

Hmmm....Pylon Candy? wonder if we are getting another Unlimited Racer? That would be sweet!

:popcorn: :thumbsup:

-Shane

....think under the wing ;)