Sign in to follow this  
Brian79

F7U-3M Cutlass Build

Hey Brian it looks very nice already - i suppose you need to make the most out of a small canvas!!!

I as well am interested in your riveting method - it looks pretty even i must say - keep up the good good work mate

Ads

Guest Peterpools

Except for the one turbine photo and the first set, all the photos from July 15th are not there. Looks like a problem with Photobucket.

Brian

The turbine looks awfully good and the detail is terrific. Any word on the airbrush parts?

Peter

Hmm,

I cannot see any pictures on your previous post. What´s up? :help:

Thomas

Thomas links fixed!

Except for the one turbine photo and the first set, all the photos from July 15th are not there. Looks like a problem with Photobucket.

Brian

The turbine looks awfully good and the detail is terrific. Any word on the airbrush parts?

Peter

Peter, I talked to Ken, hopefully he remembered to put a new on in the mail!! I NEED IT!!!

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Looking forward to it.

Peter

Ok guys, we're at it again! Before I get started on this installment I want to give a big shout out to Ken at Badger for hooking me up with a replacement airbrush. This one is a modified version of my original Velocity, it appears that in the time between me buying my old one and now they've made some changes for the better. So the painting resumed! First are some shots of the intakes, which fit great. I painted the lips FS36440 and then dipped the trunk in house paint. I learned this trick from Paul and it works like a champ for smoth realistic intakes. I'll have to do some creative masking later when I do the final scheme, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

This is where I'm at right now. The entire assy is together except for the tail fins. I gotta say, the box isn't thata big when you get it, but this kit is huge!! So far the only real putty I've used is where the upper nose section meets the fuselage, awesome for such large castings. YES you can still get to the cockpit to paint it in there!

IMG_9262.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Very nice progress on the Cutlass. The kit fit seems to be excellent. What else should we expect from Paul!

Peter

:speak_cool: :popcorn:

Great work on the intakes! She sure is a looker. One of my favorites. Maybe when I turn 70 I can get one. OH and the FORD, too...............Harv :speak_cool: