Soviet WW2 refueller by Armo

dutik

When you are looking for a soviet tanker to refill your WW2 warbirds - all that beautiful Shturmoviks, Ratas, Yaks we got the last years - then watch this:

http://www.jadarhobby.pl/armo-35549-bz383-fuel-tank-on-gazaaa-chassis-135-p-24499.html

OK, it is "only" 1/35 scale, but as close as you will come to a LSP refueller without scratchbuilding one. Also available in bundle with the needed GAZ-AAA truck (replacement wheels recommended; think Miniart or resin ones). I've ordered mine yesterday, together with that Su-12 SPG. Someone has to protect my airfield on the ground ;)

If you have never heard about Jadar: I recommend them. Reliable, good service, proven over years.

BTW, watch out for that wonderful Kecay books about 109ers and 190ers in foreign livery, as well as that colorful assembly ships and the unit hacks. Just in case you got somewhat bored with plain RLM and FS livery :coolio:

Regards!

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...

The kits arrived yesterday. First impression is very good. Parts are clean cast in cream colered resin. No holes, no broken parts, small pour stubs. The fuel tank is cast as a solid part and with the large house and mud flaps on it. We shall see if the styrene truck chassis will be able to hold this load or if it would be wiser to drill out an amount of resin from the lower side of the fuel tank. Inside the box are some smaller resin parts too like fire extiguisshers and spare wheels and a fret of PE to make the overtracks for the rear wheels (3 PE parts per link...). Instructions are clear and show also where to cut off styrene at the needed truck kit to fit the fuel tank and other parts. Thera is also a mask to airbrush the russian word for "inflammable" onto the truck.

I will start this when I am back from holidays.

Regards

- dutik

If you have never heard about Jadar: I recommend them. Reliable, good service, proven over years.

agreed

from order to my doorstep from poland quicker than one particular retailer in the UK (less than 4 days)