Scale drawings help

I don't know of a tutorial, but I did it this way to enlarge scanned drawings to help me build the 21cm rocket launchers:

Scan the drawing.

Measure an aspect of the model. I measured a fuselage panel.

Open in Photoshop.

Turn on ruler.

Draw an object with a dimension (length, width, or height - in my case I drew a rectangle - I only needed the length) of the size you need (measured from an aspect of the model).

Enlarge that aspect of the drawing to match the size of the drawn object.

Save.

Print.

I hope this is helpful

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

I have this link of SU-27's My link for reference, I have Photoshop CS 3, but have not installed the programm, cuz, I am not sure how to use it, so I might as well say , that I don't have one :rolleyes:

Edited by Rdrunner

I have PhotoShop CS & CS4. Install the program. Save the drawing. I'll help you with the program.

Sincerely,

Mark

Programm downloaded and drawing saved

TIA Mark

I don't have the time to follow thru now, as I have to go to work, but I will continue our conversation thru PM's so as to not bore others with the minutia.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 months later...

If you dont have those fancy programs, paste the image into Excel and then you can drag the corner of the image to whatever size you desire. You may need to print off a couple copies before you hit the exact measurement you are looking for. The option for "quick printing" helps alot and since its a line drawing you dont require that color density anyways. I've used this quite a few times with very good results.