P-47D The Farmingdale Jug PT2: UPDATE 9/1/13: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Thor. Very much appreciated. I was a bit surprised myself how the AN nuts came out. Just got a bit lucky.

Peter

Peter, that's looking really awesome. Your Yellow Zinc Chromate came out really well. Did you airbrush it? I always seem to have a bunch of trouble trying to airbrush Model Master Acrylics....

Can't wait to see more.

Matt

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

Yellow Zinc Chromate was air brushed and went on smooth as silk; I thin the MM or Tamiya acrylics with X-20A thinner, 1:1, shoot light coats at 20 PSI and no problems. Because the pigment is larger then enamels, the high air pressure is a must. Nicest part of shooting with acrylics is no smell and water clean up.

With the wheel wells done, it's time to go to work on the wings, adding and fixing things as I go. will be digging in this weekend.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

Yellow Zinc Chromate was air brushed and went on smooth as silk; I thin the MM or Tamiya acrylics with X-20A thinner, 1:1, shoot light coats at 20 PSI and no problems. Because the pigment is larger then enamels, the high air pressure is a must. Nicest part of shooting with acrylics is no smell and water clean up.

With the wheel wells done, it's time to go to work on the wings, adding and fixing things as I go. will be digging in this weekend.

Peter

Thanks man. I use acrylics for a lot of stuff, but have always had problems with the Model Master stuff for some reason. I'll have to give it another shot.

It's looking great, can't wait to see some more progress on this one.

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Just follow my lead and it will work like a charm. I've never had any luck with any other thinner then Tamiya X-20A.

Let me know how you make out.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Nige

Much appreciated and so far, the Jug has been a fantastic and fun build.

It's great hearing from you again and what are you up to these days?

Peter

Matt

Just follow my lead and it will work like a charm. I've never had any luck with any other thinner then Tamiya X-20A.

Let me know how you make out.

Peter

Thanks Pete. I usually use Mr. Color Levelling Thinner, or lacquer thinner for my stuff, can't get a hold of the Tamiya Thinner, stupid re-licensing.... But I'll try it next time I need something YZC.

Matt :party0023:

Hi Peter

What a beautiful result with the wheel well!

please how did you do to paint the cylinder, hydraulic line and connection after YZC airbrushing?

i can imagine with a brush, and/or toothpick?

what is exactly your process?

TIA

Raf

Edited by rafju

Guest Peterpools

Matt

I know what a pain the Tamiya issue is on getting thinners, glues and paints. I never tried Mr. Color Levelling Thinner, or lacquer thinner... How well does it work with Model Master and Tamiya Acrylics?

Peter

I never tried Mr. Color Levelling Thinner, or lacquer thinner... How well does it work with Model Master and Tamiya Acrylics?

Peter, I can't vouch for the MM paints, but it works fine with Tamiya acrylics.

Kev