P-47D The Farmingdale Jug PT2: UPDATE 9/1/13: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt

MDC did an outstanding job on the front office. Only negative is the instructions, which rely very heavily on photos. I had two sets of instructions and on both, the photos were very blurry and tough to pic out the details.

Peter

Thanks Matt.

It's been what seems like forever since I last entered a contest but it's time to give it a go and see what happens.

Awesome. I wish you the best of luck. I know I've got a few projects lined up for the next contest in California in July, the Arado 196, the Tony, and hopefully the Hunter will be going, plus some 1/48 stuff.

Please keep us updated on this build though, I'm really looking forward to it. How did the Panther go? Is that build still in the works?

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt

Sure can use all the good luck I can muster up.

With your round up, I'm sure you'll be bringing home some gold this July. Keep us posted.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks Matt

Sure can use all the good luck I can muster up.

With your round up, I'm sure you'll be bringing home some gold this July. Keep us posted.

Peter

I'm not sure, there's usually some stiff competition in the large scale class, so we'll have to see what happens. Thanks for the kind words though, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

I can't wait to see how this build turns out, what scheme are you going to do it in?

Guest Peterpools

Matt

I'm pulling for you all the way!

I'm still trying to decide on the scheme and markings. Right now, I'm pointed in the direction of a natural metal finish and fancy nose art. Hope to make a decision sometime this weekend.

Peter

Matt

I'm pulling for you all the way!

I'm still trying to decide on the scheme and markings. Right now, I'm pointed in the direction of a natural metal finish and fancy nose art. Hope to make a decision sometime this weekend.

Peter

The natural metal P-47s always look really cool, especially with the big nose art on it, and you can weather it really well. :speak_cool:

Thanks for the confidence, I hope you do great too!

Matt

All the confidence in the world, you'll bring home the bacon as they say.

Peter

Thanks a lot. I'm sure you'll do well also. Is the Panther all done, or did that one go to the back burner?

Matt

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Right now, I had to put the Panther on the back burner, so I could concentrate on building my two contest models and then pick up and finish it. with my work schedule, I thought this would be the best approach, so I wouldn't leave myself an impossible task of finishing two contest models, with little or no time to spare. The Panther was my second kit after returning to the hobby and was never intended for the contest trail; just part of the learning curve all over again.

It will be finished as the Panther is my "ace" of jets and my favorite by far.

Peter

Matt

Right now, I had to put the Panther on the back burner, so I could concentrate on building my two contest models and then pick up and finish it. with my work schedule, I thought this would be the best approach, so I wouldn't leave myself an impossible task of finishing two contest models, with little or no time to spare. The Panther was my second kit after returning to the hobby and was never intended for the contest trail; just part of the learning curve all over again.

It will be finished as the Panther is my "ace" of jets and my favorite by far.

Peter

Okay, good to know. Glad to know that the Panther will be built as well, it was looking really good. What is your other contest build? Did I miss it at some point here?

My favorite jet is still the Demon, I keep hoping someone will put out a 1/32 kit of it, I would buy that one instantly :thumbsup:

Matt

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Guess the secret is out of the bag: my second Noreastcon entry will be the new Fisher Sea Fury MBII built OOB, so I can enter it in a different category from the Jug. Both kits will easily take me 8 plus months to build and then, I can relax and enjoy finishing up my Panther. Of course, I never thought I would be going the contest route again but it seems to just envelop my building philosophy. Anyway, see what happens. I would jump at a Demon without hesitation. Nothing like the 50's and the first generation jets.

Edited by Peterpools

Matt

Guess the secret is out of the bag: my second Noreastcon entry will be the new Fisher Sea Fury MBII built OOB, so I can enter it in a different category from the Jug. Both kits will easily take me 8 plus months to build and then, I can relax and enjoy finishing up my Panther. Of course, I never thought I would be going the contest route again but it seems to just envelop my building philosophy. Anyway, see what happens. I would jump at a Demon without hesitation. Nothing like the 50's and the first generation jets.

Awesome! I've looked at the Sea Fury many times, I guess it's still just a little out of my budget, but it sure looks cool. Can't wait to see that one come up, I'll be sure to follow very closely.

I love the first generation of jets. Some people think they looked clunky, but I think they were all pretty sexy, usually all NMF, with the huge, bright colors on them, really brighten up the display shelf.

Thought you'd be interested to know, that the Hunter will not be a competition model. I was looking over it really closely, and keep finding mistakes I made, so it will just be the Tony and Arado as my competition models, maybe the Ju-88 if I feel like it as well.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

I know what you mean. First generation just have always been my favorite of the 'jet age'. They just have a charm all of their own. Re-reading the new and now documented contest rules; tiny, little mistakes or omissions seem to catch the judge's eye. Still love the way the Hunter is coming out.

Peter

Matt

I know what you mean. First generation just have always been my favorite of the 'jet age'. They just have a charm all of their own. Re-reading the new and now documented contest rules; tiny, little mistakes or omissions seem to catch the judge's eye. Still love the way the Hunter is coming out.

Peter

I keep hoping that once HobbyBoss comes out with their 1/48 Demon, they'll up-scale it to 1/32, that's why I would buy no matter the price. The F-84 is just a bit much for me right now, at around 100 bucks, but maybe if it goes on deep sale somewhere online.

Thanks. Just too many mistakes for my liking, but it will still look great on display, the bright scheme really makes it stand out.

Can't wait to see some more progress on the P-47, the cockpit looks great already

Matt