1/24 HA-1112 Spanish Buchon

alberto

Thanks for all your good comments, one by one!

Tomorrow I'll add some pictures under sunlight, and changing the lens,as I have a new camera and used the lens "for general purposes"...

The model was modified without plans , only observation of photos in magazines or the web. The most difficult was to start because you have to place the axis in the correct place/level, so a little mistake leads you to an incorrect shape.

I used plastic from an old Revell 1/32 me-262, cutting out pieces from the wings, with the shape of the ha-1112 nose side panels, giving them the right curvature. The same was not possible for the top panel nor the bottom (the chin that gave the name to this plane, as Buchón is a superlative for Buche=bulbous neck and stomach in male pigeons) .

The side bulges were scratchbuilt basically from fuel tanks from a Revell Rafale 1/48, adding the bits that were distinctive on them, including a small eye-shaped aperture at the front end, with a grid inside.

The exhausts were made from the kit ones, but heavily sanded and adding metal exhausts obtained from those cheap brushes...yes, the metal cane on them!

Spinner is from a bottle cork, gave it the basic shape and covered in any modelling clay (for plumbing works is good enough)

There was much experimentation and re-building. I know that I'll never do it again, I do not want to spend so much time again in only one model, but I know it is unique in this scale.

All in all, I'm fairly satisfied.

I will post more pics

Greetings

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello gents!

Did not expect a new batch of comments (all of them on october 28), from Italy, UK, and USA, and it is a nice surprise for me!

Currently the Ha-1112 is on her belly, due to the weakness of the landing gear, not made for the weight of that heavy, heavy nose. And I was not happy with some small painted areas. Some days ago, before seeing these new posts, I was planning something to adress those issues.

Maybe I ll start this weekend....

Thank you again!

cheers,

Alberto

Guest Peterpools

Alberto

One sweet looking fighter plane if you ask me! Terrific work on the conversion and the weathering is right on the money.

Peter

• 1 year later...

Hi Alberto

I am a huge Buchon fan. I have made a lot of such in 1/48 from parts of Academy and Hasegawa. I'm planning on making one in 1/32 as well but I think that the Grey Matter conversion is quite inacurate. I imideately noticed that you got it right!! Beautiful model!! Do you have any drawings which is accurate?

Espen

Guest Clunkmeister

I just love the postwar 109 based airplanes. It's hard to believe that he basic 109 would be still soldiering on deep into the 1970s....

The Grey Matter Buchon has to large fairing on the top cowl. The Air Intake is also to small and the Lower cowling is not as "deep" as it should be.

Still like some drawings or building blog if available Alberto!! :-)

Espen