1/24 HA-1112 Spanish Buchon

alberto

Hello everybody...

This is my recently finished(?)secret project. As many of you all know it is the spanish Hispano Aviación HA-1112 "Buchón". I know that it is ugly for many people, but it was a real challenge for me as its entire nose is scratchbuilt, including spinner, propeller blades and all you see from the windshield to the tip of the nose. Even the canopy is scratchbuilt because I started from the 109 K4 kit...that is what I had on hand. Of course, the fuel tank is hand made.

I'm planning to add a few details more, that is why I introduce it as WIP.

Comments and questions always welcome!

Bye for now

Alberto

P1010888.jpg

Alberto - that's beautiful!

Always liked this aeroplane - at some point I'd like to give it a go in 1:32 - but must look very impressive in 1:24.

Any chance of some more photos?

Iain

Thank you SIG32!

Of course I have more pics but they are not the best quality. I' ll take some pics under sunlight, as it has a more striking colour!

I only saw one 1/32 kit finished, take a look at Daniel Zamarbide models (on Google)and search for the Buchon, you will see the way he built it, but mine is a completely different approach. If you want to know some details of my way, just ask me.

Yes, it is big, about 40 cms wingspan, and difficult to handle because the wingtips always collided with anything while working on it. But in 1/32 it is not a big plane, you know...it's a 109 after all.... sorry for the quality of the pics. And I think i'm limited to one per post.

P1010890.jpg

Hi Alberto,

She really good.

Great scratch build detail.

Love to see more pictures please.

One question the Spanish Hispano Aviación HA-1112 "Buchón, is it from the Spanish Civil War???

Christian :speak_cool:

Daniel Zamarbide ain't got nothing on you. Dang good work on a major effort.

Thank you Dodgem!

One question the Spanish Hispano Aviación HA-1112 "Buchón, is it from the Spanish Civil War???

Christian, it is a plane from the 50's-early 60's, so... far from the Spanish Civil War, but in Franco's times, the spanish air force had a batch of 109 F cells without engines, as at the end of the IIWW Germany cancelled the shipment of them, so spanish engineers did their best adding a Rolls Royce Merlin power plant. They were used at the Spain-Sahara conflict in 1958, and a small fleet of Buchones flew to Ifni (Sahara) on January 30 1958 with the strange spanish made fuel tank.

More pics soon...

Thanks to you all for looking.....

cheers

I think it's beautiful, not only the plane but the model and the work you did on it. It is so refreshing to see a build that "breaks the mold" and is not another grey/green Spitfire or whatever.

I am gradually learning to scratchbuild things myself, and I can see the quality of the work you put into that.

Bravo!