Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

LSP Dan

I would love to see a styrene Viggen. I missed the Jetmods release, which I understand had fit issues anyway (and I really don't want to build a full resin kit for the obvious reasons of complexity, fit, working with CA glue, etc.).

Slowly my list is getting whittled down, thank you Revell with a Hurricane and SH with a Whirlwind.

My main interests are RAF/FAA, and especially the early war years when a lot of the RAF/FAA aircraft were found wanting but their crews bravely fought on.

so on with the list, all injection moulded please:

Fairey Battle

BP Defiant

Blackburn Skua (and Roc)

Bristol Blenheim

Fairey Fulmar

Westland Lysander (modern moulding)

And later in the war

Hawker Typhoon

Fairey Firefly (BPF)

Fairey Barracuda

Gloster  E28/39

Gloster Meteor FIII

Supermarine Seafires (Merlin)

Supermarine Spitfire XII

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:12 AM, MikeC said:

Most certainly, but why not include Tamiya ?   Cost? Want a simpler build? They're unlikely to do any more LSPs?  Not arguing, just curious to know.

Hi Mike,

It's a little of both.  My build preference for Aircraft is usually depicting them armed and fueled for a mission and just waiting the crew to arrive.  This leads to a "simpler build".  Then my father's frugality rears it's head and I can't see spending $120+ US on a kit that I will only use half the parts....  I'd have to really have a special bond to an airframe (the kind I have with the F-4 Phantom II) to  justify buying a kit and putting a large portion of it in the spares box....

Happy modeling

Mark B.

We have similar approaches it seems: mine are usually on the flight line: maybe ready to crew up and go, or maybe parked for the night.  I don't usually get every last detail in, but I aim for what I call "operational accuracy": pilot's kit correct for the service and period, no armed aircraft undergoing serious maintenance at the same time, and unless I've got actual proof/certain knowledge that flaps were down on the ground (Mustang, HS Hawk etc) they stay up - although one day a Spitfire with flaps down, accompanied by a chastened junior pilot and the Flight Sergeant bawling him out, might be amusing to do.

Anyway, we're pretty much on the same page it seems, although I'm perhaps not as frugal as I should be sometimes - large-scale Tamiya kits are my downfall.  Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, Bill Cross said:

I would love to see a styrene Viggen. I missed the Jetmods release, which I understand had fit issues anyway (and I really don't want to build a full resin kit for the obvious reasons of complexity, fit, working with CA glue, etc.).

Mine didn't have any fit issues at all..

/Niels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as a Heinkel He 115 has been fished out of some frigid Norwegian fjord and is undergoing a full and painstaking restoration I occasionally have these breathless moments in which I imagine one of the better manufacturers going on a fact-finding mission to Scandinavia as a prelude to offering us one in 1/32. Zoukei-Mura, are you following this thread? Hint?

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but an accurate model of the A/B-26 Invader in 1/32nd scale would be nice (HKM, it would look so nice next to your A-20!). I'll second or third or fourth, a B-26 Marauder also. And whilst were on twin-engined bombers, how about a Pe-2 and a Tu-2? Probably won't happen any time soon, but maybe it will, someday.

Regards,

Jason

4 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

What about the Hobbyboss kit?

I have the Hobby Boss kit of the A-26, and at best it can be called an approximation of the real A-26. Although nicely moulded, it suffers from some severe inaccuracies, such as the wing roots being noticeably too low, the fuselage having the wrong cross-section (it should be more angular), the canopy being flat, when it should be the more raised version for the eight-gun nose A-26 this kit is meant to represent. As an example of the less than stellar research that was done on the kit, the 'R-2800' engines are represented with 14 cylinders! The kit is a mess, which can only be cured, somewhat, by the purchase of many expensive AM items, like a new central section with a corrected position for the wing root, and new engines. For the amount of money I've (perhaps foolishly) spent on the AM bits to correct this kit, I could probably buy an HKM kit of the A-26, if it were priced similarly to the A-20. And if it were moulded with the same quality (and accuracy) as the A-20, it would be worth quite a bit of money, at least to me. I do hope that the HB kit does not prevent HKM from coming out with an undoubtedly much-superior Invader.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang