Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

LSP Dan

On 7/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, Christa said:

anything civil 1930s De Havilland plus a very accurate Chipmunk.

Now that's a thought, I'm with you there, but I'd not restrict it to the 30s.  Although a DH 106 Comet might be a bit large for my house, wife and wallet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here´s my "most-wanted list", and the maker I would prefer doing the kit;

All injection molded!

D.H. Chipmunk  (ICM)

Avro 504  (ICM, Special Hobby, Roden)

Hawker Hart/Fury (ICM)

Bristol Bulldog (ICM)

J-35 Draken 

Westland Sea King (ICM, Special Hobby, Fly)

Westland Whirlwind/Siskorsky H-19 Chickasaw  (Yes, the CHOPPER!)     (ICM, Special Hobby, Fly)

I know there´s a very slim chance for any of those to materalize, but hey, one can dream!

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:29 AM, Christa said:

With cooling dreams of a real hangar wherein to stow my never-never stash, anything civil 1930s De Havilland plus a very accurate Chipmunk.

How do members with big (built) collections display them?

1) Hang them from the ceiling. Put an edge molding in the edge of the ceiling where it meets the wall. I prefer screwing the molding through wall in into the lumber that is the backing of the wall.  Then screw eyescrews into the molding at intervals. Tie a line across the ceiling from eyescrew to an eyescrew on the opposite wall.. Hang the model from that using a short line. Set it up so the plane is hanging at an angle so one can see most of the upper part of it.   

Alternate: Do not tie the across the ceiling but just let it go through the eyes and hang down a length. Then attach your model vehicles and tanks, artillery, etc. to both ends of the line. You will have to add weights to the tanks to keep the line across the ceiling taut - after all you want the airplanes hanging high enough so you walk under them. The vehicles can hang against the walls as if they were driving up. 

Install strong locks to keep the children and obnoxious adults out of the room. After all, using bags of unused weights to beat mischievious visitors who break things can cause one to visit, unintentionally, the local police station. 

As for ships do the same but with model ships hanging low over the bathtub. This allows one to play with them while washing oneself.  

Or, just purchase large, expensive show cases and display your models within is much simpler. 

If you are of the "I intend to assemble these models when I can find the time" modellers simply paste the unopened kits onto the walls. Maybe within fancy old frames you find at flea markets. Simple, what?

Enjoy,

SSCULPTOR

a number of kits I want have been issued or are in the pipeline.  We have a new P-40b,(aka hawk 81), we have the new 109 series from Zoukei.  As far as pipeline we have the FW-190 series coming and P-51B variants have been announced.

I think a new Hellcat from Tamiya is my first choice for a all new LSP or a P-47 from Tamiya.  

Edited by cbk57

• 2 weeks later...
  • LSP_K2 changed the title to Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

My Wish List for 2023 (all in 1/32)

• That Kotare do really well with their Spitfire and release a fabric-wing Hurricane Mk1 to book-end it
  • That we see a new tool P51B from a manufacturer that cares about accuracy
  • Someone releases a Schweizer 2-33A so that I don't have to scratch-build one
  • There is a release of a Blenheim MkIV
  • There is a surprise release of 1/32 airfield vehicles: Hucks Starter, AEC Matador, Austin K2Y, Willys Jeep, Queen Mary trailer

But most of all I wish for the time to build the kits that I have already bought! I need to increase my build speed beyond one kit a year!

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

I've intended for the longest time to do a compiled (and condensed) version of this list, as many of the items asked for here have indeed come to pass. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps I'll soon take a stab at doing just that, assuming I can actually remember. My biggest problem will probably be to weed out what I deem as totally unrealistic requests, ideas that are highly unlikely to ever see the light of day. Then again, I might also include them, not real sure there.

Would nice someone would make an A-37B Dragonfly in styrene.

An A-37B would be a megaseller, used by countries around the world in many markings and camouflages. HK Model, Special Hobby, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, are you listening?

And a nice Avia BH-5 from HPH models.

Regards

- dutik

9 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Avia B.534, with options and/or alternative boxings for all four major variants.

To go with that, a Hawker Fury.

And anything that includes "DH" and "Moth" in its title.

Well,  a chap can dream ... :piliot:

HPH models made a kit of the Avia, but it is OOP for a while. Still a box or another pops up here and there at Ebay or elsewhere.

Regards

- dutik

1 hour ago, dutik said:

HPH models made a kit of the Avia, but it is OOP for a while. Still a box or another pops up here and there at Ebay or elsewhere.

Regards

- dutik

Indeed, I'd forgotten about that one, but I mean a mainstream injection-moulded kit. I was thinking that if anyone would  ICM would. Maybe one day.

• 2 weeks later...