Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

LSP Dan

On 9/20/2020 at 9:52 AM, Iain said:

The older I get, the more amusing I find threads like this.

• We all have subjects we'd love to see, but...
  • We all want what we can't have
  • We get excited when that which we previously can't have is announced
  • We go into a slough of despond before that which we previously can't have is released, as someone 'spotted' something heinous with the test shots, drawings, or their tea-leaves
  • We buy it anyway...
  • We add it to the stash
  • We crave for something new that we can't have

And so the 'virtuous' circle of modelling continues, and it will ever be thus!

So, after years many of pondering on the meaning of life, modelling and all that, I'm just going to ask for my current 'most wanted':

• Time - to build
  • Enthusiasm - to build
  • Space - to build
  • Health and eyesight - to build

Everything else is nice to have, but with a large stash, these are now my fundamental 'wants'.

Happy collecting!  ;)

Iain

Further proof that wisdom does indeed come with age.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at the early posts for this and see that several of the kits have in fact been produced (not surprising considering this thread started back in 2011). I had the Combat Models (or would it have been ID?) of the A6 Intruder, but before I could get around to starting it Trumpeter came out with theirs. 

I would love to see a 1/35th Allouette III to do up in Rhodesian markings. 

And a...

- Avro CF-100 Canuck

- Handley Page Hailfax

Cheers,

Chris

1 hour ago, ironelf said:

I looked at the early posts for this and see that several of the kits have in fact been produced (not surprising considering this thread started back in 2011). I had the Combat Models (or would it have been ID?) of the A6 Intruder, but before I could get around to starting it Trumpeter came out with theirs. 

Cheers,

Chris

There certainly has been a tendency to eventually see kits produced that are on wish lists all over the web. Some say this is a complete coincidence, that manufacturers pay no attention to such things. I say it would not be wise for them to ignore such lists, as it's the market itself (or at least a large portion of it) that's speaking out, directly to them. Using the WWW as a means of taking the pulse of the serious modelers, using it as a sort of barometer, actually makes perfect sense, but that's just my opinion.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, LSP_Ray said:

Stephen, better watch the forums closer; need to check out LEM kits:
MiG-9 'Fargo'

Yak-25M Flashlight

Su-9 (1946)

OOPS. I checked these out and saw prices that ran from $150 up to $195.:blowup:

A lot has happened in the past 5 years, hasn't it? I am sure these kits are worth the price and we will never again see new kits going for $30 to $60 each any more. But I am retired and moolah is limited. 

I: did not mind WNW's prices for their WW1 multi-engine kits because I favor that era of aviation history so I bought one each of them. I can only hope that WNW is in hibernation, not total demise. 

We are certainly living in interesting times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Modern Stuff

• Saab Draken (JetMADS maybe...)
  • EA-6B Prowler (Should be "easy" for Trumpeter - they certainly had their A-Team on the Intruder)
  • Mirage F1 (Kitty Hawk maybe? - I still have a little putty left over from building the Mirage 2000 ;))
  • MiG-25
  • SR-71 (Special Hobby maybe? We can all dream but I honestly think it would be an instant hit.)

• AH-64 Apache (I still cannot believe we dont have this as a good detailed kit - I am sure Kitty Hawk have it on their to-do list)
  • Sea King Family (Kitty Hawk - Infinite versions and possibilities. Who would not build at least 1 of these?)

Considering how much frustration Kitty Hawk kits give me, I am a little surprised myself that I have them on the list more than anyone else... 

I have been cleaning up my stash of models and discovered I do indeed now have 1/32 models of those I have been searching for since 2004.

I now have the VAL and DEVASTATOR, as well as other goodies like the PETE.  Still looking for a Kate.

No, these are not super detailed plastic kits. These are carved wood models made by craftsmen in the USA, the Philippines and elsewhere. Sure they lack details that plastic kit modelers insist on but I can add them later if I wish. I bought them on eBay. They look fine hanging from the ceiling.

I also have many vacuform kits of other airplanes, the multiengine bombers I like so much. 

By the way, not all the carved wood models are accurate. a few are junk, carved by klutzes. I bought them on eBay really cheap years ago. They are so bad they are laughable, like the carved balsa  models I made when I was in kindergarten. But I can use these few crapolas as I am making models of the aircraft of the country of Vulgaria* and these can be modified. 

I have a problem with time as I am now working on my second novel, this one is about the great World War One Flying Ass Ace. 

"Keep 'em Flying"

Stephen  Auslender

* For a description of Vulgaria refer to my book  The Streamlined Locomotive, available on Amazon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 4:42 AM, Zola25 said:

Modern Stuff

• SR-71 (Special Hobby maybe? We can all dream but I honestly think it would be an instant hit.)

•  

It's 1/48, so not *technically LSP* but there's apparently a new tool SR-71 coming this year from Revell https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04967-sr-71-blackbird--1265498

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 4:15 PM, ssculptor said:

For a description of Vulgaria refer to my book  The Streamlined Locomotive, available on Amazon.

Also, watch Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang

Richard

• 2 months later...