Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

LSP Dan

Guest Dekenba

A Fw-190.

No, that's not right.

I meant a Fw-189. That's an interesting looking plane that is just crying out for a 1/32 kit.

Revell, are you reading this?!

• 2 months later...

Looking at the Airfix new releases, the release of the 1/24th Typhoon is very good news.  Airfix have re-tooled a number of their smaller scale kits which has been good for them in the sales department.  I find it curious that they have never seemed keen to re-tool some of their 1/24th scale classics.  How great would a re- tool of the Spit MkI and Bf 109E be, with detailed gun bays, wheel wells and re-worked cockpits?  Not to mention some nice new decal sheets offering some interesting markings.  One would think this would be a relatively cheap way to seriously boost their claim to be "Kings" of the 1/24th scale kit!?  

• 1 month later...

Looking at the Airfix new releases, the release of the 1/24th Typhoon is very good news.  Airfix have re-tooled a number of their smaller scale kits which has been good for them in the sales department.  I find it curious that they have never seemed keen to re-tool some of their 1/24th scale classics.  How great would a re- tool of the Spit MkI and Bf 109E be, with detailed gun bays, wheel wells and re-worked cockpits?  Not to mention some nice new decal sheets offering some interesting markings.  One would think this would be a relatively cheap way to seriously boost their claim to be "Kings" of the 1/24th scale kit!?  

Airfix has already determined that tooling costs to upgrade the existing (old), 1:24 kits, would be prohibitively expensive, so have no plans to do it.

• 1 month later...

WWII USAAF / USN 

XP-82 Twin Mustang

WWII Germany Bf 109G-4/R3, Bf 109G-6/R3 (Recon bird with two drop tanks like Jerry Rutman's conversion set)

WWII Japan A6M2-K, A6M8

WWII Italy FIAT G.55S with torpedo

Post-WWII USAF / USN 

Tamiya F-51D & RF-51D with rocket tabs and HVAR rockets (45 TRS markings  "Polkadot Squadron" would be awesome for the RF-51D along with a couple Sharkmouthed F-51Ds)

F-82 Twin Mustang

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I will play

1/32

Golden Age-Pre WWII-- Curtiss SBC Helldiver

WW II USAAF/ USN --A-26 for USAAK and an F4U-4 by Tamiya

(let's see some ground crew, winter and summer, maybe a Cletrek and bomb carts)

WW II RAF/FAA -- DH Mosquito and a Barracuda

WW II Germany -- personally not interested

WWII Japan -- Kate

WW II Russia -- P-63 (does this count?)

WW II Italy -- no clue

WW II other countries -- no clue

Post WW II USAF/ USN -- F-101 for USAF and an updated F4B, J or N Phantom for the USN  

Post WW II RAF/RAN --  Vampire

Post WW II Russia -- a good Mig 15

Post WW II Canada/ Europe -- Viggen

Helicopters -- Cobra Zulu or an Osprey

1/24 scale kit -- DH Mosquito Bomber version 

• 2 months later...

So mine would be:

(All 1/32)

- A-7K Twosair

- F-8 Twosader

- E-2C Hawkeye

- TF-104 Starfighter