So How Many Mustangs Will You Be Getting?

Firecaptain

I get two and one to build for consignment and Z-M sry to say I now know for a fact it will end up 40 euro more and just end up being less.

johan

eh?

exactly HOW do you know that?

let's not trash one kit vs another when neither kit is in your hands

I have one pre-ordered from the local shop, and will possibly add a 2nd somewhere down the road. I just have to decide which RCAF Mk.IV to make out of the first one.......maybe JAS or Y2*C. Although I already have decals for a 403 Sqn post war bird.

I'll be getting 2!...................Airfix 1/24 D's. :evil_laugh:

A gallon of filler and some of Mr Rutman's goodies.

Sit down with Geoff's build thread.

Do some modelling as opposed to kit assembly :DodgeBall:

and build P51's in a proper Large scale!!!!! :yahoo:

Phil

1/24, proper Large Scale, why Ken Dodd'll be sending his diddy men round for a larff!! 1/18th the only place to be, if you like it laaarge, and for only 2'340.00 Euros http://www.hphshop.cz/product_info.php?cPath=36_28&products_id=219 :party0023:

pfui, really? :hmmm: Hmmm, an exclamation of disgust, aversion, dislike, contempt, or annoyance

You may not want one but many of us do, even us non-Mustang lovers. Let's not take the fun out of it :speak_cool:

Ron

You mean we are all supposed to be marching to the beat of the same drummer?

What happened to the freedom of individual opinion and choice?

I feel the same way about the Bf-109 too. However, I was very pleased when Eduard came out with all the early variations of the 109. Also, it pleased me greatly when HC came out with the early Allison engined P-51s.

You get the idea? I like variation.

Apparently we now have 1/32 kits of all the major versions of the Bf-109s and P-51s. Except, of course, for the intriguing racing versions, which are quite numerous.

So, when yet another kit of the P-51D appears I just say "ho hum," or my preferred term, "pfui."

I would say the same thing if another Zero kit was produced since apparently all the major variations have appeared.

In fact, if three different kits of the same Kate or Val appeared I would say the same thing again.

My motto is "Variation uber alles."

Stephen

You mean we are all supposed to be marching to the beat of the same drummer?

What happened to the freedom of individual opinion and choice?

I feel the same way about the Bf-109 too. However, I was very pleased when Eduard came out with all the early variations of the 109. Also, it pleased me greatly when HC came out with the early Allison engined P-51s.

You get the idea? I like variation.

Apparently we now have 1/32 kits of all the major versions of the Bf-109s and P-51s. Except, of course, for the intriguing racing versions, which are quite numerous.

So, when yet another kit of the P-51D appears I just say "ho hum," or my preferred term, "pfui."

I would say the same thing if another Zero kit was produced since apparently all the major variations have appeared.

In fact, if three different kits of the same Kate or Val appeared I would say the same thing again.

My motto is "Variation uber alles."

Stephen

I think most folk would consider a new Tamiya 1/32 kit cause for celebration, I'm sure if you had your choice of manufacturer for your desired Kate and Val you'd choose Tamiya, the Mustang is a historically important aircraft and not a bad looker too, and after a lot of false dawns by other manufacturers we are finally getting the Rolls Royce equivalent, it's not "another kit of the P-51D".

I'm hoping Tamiya will release a A6M3, which I believe was a major variant of the Zero... :innocent:

Fight your inner troll Stephen, you can smile when it's sunny! :D

"I think most folk would consider a new Tamiya 1/32 kit cause for celebration".

I believe most do Kag....What has Tamiya done? they've produced an accurate,perfectly molded and detailed kit of the most popular piston engine fighter on most of our "wants list". Things aren't too bad after all :speak_cool: .

None - I have several "bargain basement" copies from other manufacturers and I am not a "must have every nut/bolt/rivet exactly in place" kind of modeler. I will take the amount of money a half dozen "Uberstangs" would cost and spend it on twice that many WNW kits. I have been amused, however, by the 28 pages (so far) of praise, criticism, sarcasm, righteousness and the like regarding a P-51D kit nobody has in their hands yet...

Each to his/her own pursuit of happiness...

For those of us that are 'Mustang Challenged', what are the differences between the P and F Mustangs?

Dave

Nothing really. Awhile after WWII, they decided to change designations from P for Pursuit to F for Fighter.

Having said that, post-war P/F-51's did have some upgrades, and the P/F-51K was the latest in the line with some changes to tail, antennae and cockpit, IIRC.

I think the P/F-51K is what most are hoping for as a new release from Tamiya for modeling the Korean War version.

"I am not a "must have every nut/bolt/rivet exactly in place" kind of modeler. "

Yes you are!...you just said you'd rather take the money and buy the WNW kits,and even though a bit cheaper that is precisely what they are(every nut/bolt/rivet exactly in place). Sorry Old Troll,had to say it.

Edited by williamj

I may get one but not until I'm ready to build it. I don't like having anything more than 1 or 2 in the stash and it's up to about 12 now!

Only 12???

I don't know if that is acceptable behaviour.

For those of us that are 'Mustang Challenged', what are the differences between the P and F Mustangs?

Dave

Sorry Dave.

The designations were changed, just post war, from P (for pursuit) to F (for fighter)

They are very similar in apearance with the F having un-cuffed blades and a different canopy. (See Monogram kit) There are other little things but these are the most obvious. Irony is that they were pretty much only used for close air support after they were designated as fighters.

I'll be getting 2!...................Airfix 1/24 D's. :evil_laugh:

A gallon of filler and some of Mr Rutman's goodies.

Sit down with Geoff's build thread.

Do some modelling as opposed to kit assembly :DodgeBall:

and build P51's in a proper Large scale!!!!! :yahoo:

Phil

All,

Phil is the only sensible one here. His understanding of a true model is spot on. :D . I say BIGGER is better (plus its easier for my geezer eyes to see) Model on Phil!! By the way, Ive found something better than 24th scale too...stay tuned B)

Cheers All

Geoff