So How Many Mustangs Will You Be Getting?

Firecaptain

To each his own, but seriously, how many really different looking F4Us can you do? They're all pretty much blue, blue, or blue if you're talking about a -1/1A/1D. The Mustang has endless variety.

I hope Tamiya does do a Hog someday...

It isn't about the blue color they were painted in, it's about the Marines that flew them.

It isn't about the blue color they were painted in, it's about the Marines that flew them.

Semper Fi, Dave!

As for how many '51s, at least two (yellow/white Cavalier and Jimmy Leeward's Cloud Dancer).

Scott

Proud son of an eternally resting United States Marine

Good response Dave. I'll be getting one, and then we'll see. IF Tamiya does a Spitty Mk I(BoB) or Mk Vb, I'll get one of those as well. When Tamiya does the "B" Mustang, I'll get another.

To each his own, but seriously, how many really different looking F4Us can you do? They're all pretty much blue, blue, or blue if you're talking about a -1/1A/1D. The Mustang has endless variety.

I disagree with that, the F4U I want to do is not blue blue at all.

Its gray and blue.......

Cutting_Edge_CED32058_f4u-4_part_3.jpg

Actually you have the blue grey over lt grey -1's; the sea blue over mid blue over white; and overall GSB; FAA camo'ed a/c and the soccer war a/c.

But Dave is right; it's about the pilots with the Corsair, some important Marine pilots involved. Not to mention the over the top weathering you can do...

I'll be getting 2!...................Airfix 1/24 D's. :evil_laugh:

A gallon of filler and some of Mr Rutman's goodies.

Sit down with Geoff's build thread.

Do some modelling as opposed to kit assembly :DodgeBall:

and build P51's in a proper Large scale!!!!! :yahoo:

Phil

I ordered two, but I am not entirely sure exactly what I will do with them.

Initially my plan was to bastardize them into air-racers. But, since most of the racers had smoothed over surfaces with no rivets visible, it occurred to me that the Hasegawa kit might be a better basis for racers. I am not worried though. I will find a purpose for the Tamiya kits. The Spitfire was such a joy to build, I am eager for another Tamiya kit after having built several resin kits and a Revell Typhoon.

I am not the biggest Mustang fanatic, but a good kit is a good kit and it is nice to build something once in a while that just falls together.