So How Many Mustangs Will You Be Getting?

Firecaptain

Nope, WilliamJ

You have it all wrong.

By purchasing WNW kits instead of another Uberstang, Oldtroll is acquiring kits of different aircraft that have not yet appeared in 1/32 scale. It does not matter that WNW kits have every detail in place - the point is that they are different aircraft, not just the 12th or 13th kit of the Uberstang.

Also, not everyone who builds models in 1/32 scale really cares if all the rivets are the correct size and are in the correct place in their models. We are not all slaves to the IPMS religion :hmmm:

I repeat, Variation uber alles. :party0023:

By the way, I consider it highly unpatriotic and insulting to their own heritage for two Japanese manufacturers to be bringing out their versions of the Uberstang, an American fighter, when they could and should be issuing their famed Val and Kate bombers in 1/32 scale.

For shame I say! :angry2:

Stephen the unabashed

LOL...nothing new here for Steven,One has to admire your unwavering and unabashed position over so many years on so many websites. "Everyone has got it wrong,always".

And thank you for putting words in Old Trolls mouth,had no idea what he was thinking. :bow:

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Fixed quoting issues

Yup - what all of you said I said. One small clarification with regard to my stated lack of concern about nuts/bolts/rivets - if it looks like a Sopwith Snipe to me then I'm happy. My interest lie in form, colors and markings. If there is an operating 1/32 scale rotary engine included, great (as long as it doesn't double the price!) But if there is a reasonably believable engine facade inside the cowling, that's fine also. I appreciate that many modelers strive to replicate the subject in perfect detail and I am continually awed by the end results they produce. Having said that, I am still befuddled by the volume of yammering about T vs. Z-M vs. D with aftermarket parts, etc., etc. especially when the kits are not in anyone's hands yet. This thread is perhaps even more befuddling because I could easily have said I was going buy six dozen and listed the color schemes but what would that matter? Anyhoo - thanks for explaining to me what I intended to say and may all your flush rivets be absolutely riveting in their flushness and your Olive Drab be the "real" Olive Drab and not the silly color that other guy claimed was correct. Happy modeling!!

Edited by OldTroll

Anyhoo - thanks for explaining to me what I intended to say and may all your flush rivets be absolutely riveting in their flushness and your Olive Drab be the "real" Olive Drab and not the silly color that other guy claimed was correct. Happy modeling!!

:rofl: Very entertaining thread Ron! A good chuckle was had my me on the irony of it all.

Let's have more of this please, we need more laughs!!! :thumbsup:

I'll be getting 2!...................Airfix 1/24 D's. :evil_laugh:

A gallon of filler and some of Mr Rutman's goodies.

Sit down with Geoff's build thread.

Do some modelling as opposed to kit assembly :DodgeBall:

and build P51's in a proper Large scale!!!!! :yahoo:

Phil

hahahahaha! That is the spirit Phil! Just wait and see what I have in store for the old Doyusha "D" turd......

I like your way of thinking!!!

Thor, who will not buy a Tamiya Stang.....too many old ones already.....

2 for me, one early "Passion Wagon" and one late "Millie G" Now I'm with Mr Roof, I have been waitin a LONG time for a 1D Corsair done up in Bunker Hill markings. And if they do one with a whole exposed engine then I'll get two and also do a VF-17 in tri color camo thats all opened up for maintenance.

Jim

Edited by hornet78

I probably wont build another one if i get another email from Meteor productions talking about mustang decals ( none of which appeal to me) then an appology for sending two emails in a row - with a third email!

I would unsubscribe but thats another email and then a "are you sure??" email, then a morbid curiosity that i have missed something that dave "forgot" .....to put on Ebay!:BANGHEAD2:

Not a rant all - It's funny really if you look at it like i do - so dont take this post off or complain, just having a bit of fun

Ads

Well, considering previous practice, wont Z-M's kit be about half the price of the Tamiya kit? That should help their sales right there.

HLJ's pre-order price for the Tamiya Mustang, which reflects a 20% discount, is ¥7,840 -- i.e., US$97.76 at today's exchange rate. That would put the kit's full price at about US$125.00 and the typical American street price -- e.g., Sprue Brothers' price -- at approximately $100. Are you claiming that Zoukei-Mura's Mustang will sell for less than US$50.00? The US price of Z-M's Ta 152 H, which can be purchased only from its manufacturer unless one is willing to pay a huge mark-up, is US$95.00.

Charles Metz

I think this is what happens when grown men get excited, much like a Cocker Spaniel who, when confronted with the same level of stimulation, just pisses on the floor...

An old girlfriend of mine had a grey schnauzer that did the same thing;... I just always assumed the dog was retarded.

At the moment , none . not because I don't want it , but financially , its really a non starter .. its begenning to look like my ONLY 32nd new kit this year will be a Trumpter Harrier GR7/9 - and only because my wife is buying it for my Xmas ! -

all these wonderful new 32nd kits and here's me "With debts no honest man can pay" ... anyone want to buy a kidney? :BANGHEAD2:

scotsman.. don't really need a kidney right now, but a few more years worth of Aberlour and i may have to hit ya up! Wait.. that's the liver..

I have one on pre-order with my LHS.. which will cost me considerably more than buying online, but i try to buy one nice kit per year from him to keep him buying plastic and not switching entirely over to RC.. Since it doesn't look like the 2 B-25's i've already paid for will be coming in anytime soon, i figured i'd just get this one for fathers day and hope it arrives in time for my birthday in October. As for the price, yeah.. it's expensive.. So was the Spitfire, and i impulse bought that one as well! For $125 i've had at least 40 hours of entertainment out of it, which works out to around 3.25 an hour.. and as i've got at least another 20 hours of work to do on it, well, the cost vs. entertainment value just keeps getting better!! at least better than when i play Blackjack in vegas.. that $*!t gets expensive! On the OTHER hand, the Classic Revell Hurricane MK II which i paid Ron $30 for will probably take me at least 200 hours with all the work that needs to be done on it.. so.. hmmm.. Okay.. gonna go see what color of aluminum foil will look more like real 1940's aluminum in both natural and artificial light when i put it on my new P-51 that may or may not be here sometime before the end of the year now..

starting a Ponzi scheme for plastic soon

Cheers!

Jerry

so.. hmmm.. Okay.. gonna go see what color of aluminum foil will look more like real 1940's aluminum in both natural and artificial light when i put it on my new P-51 that may or may not be here sometime before the end of the year now..

Try some regular old Renalds Wrap heavy duty or "Extra strength" (you may need it) and grain it with some thing like steel wool, sand paper or a gritty toothpaste like Crest Pro Health........then you can either boil the foil with a bunch of egg shells for 5 - 10 min, OR you can work the aluminum in some Bleach, lead shot and some pennies.

Both (depending on how LONG you leave the metal in) produce variations of grays, titaniums, and generally weathered look. You can also try the egg shell or Bleach method withOUT graining for a different and sometimes more subtle look.

You can even grain the foil after these processes, and it will produce a nice graining pattern in the aluminum like the real thing, (most all the color will come off in the process as its just a scant few microns thick) and end up with a much subtler look.

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha