So How Many Mustangs Will You Be Getting?

Firecaptain

ZM will have an announce before too long regarding their P-51 release. This will be quite a special announce and as soon as I can post details, I will do. Let's just say that it should prove popular ;)

"I am not a "must have every nut/bolt/rivet exactly in place" kind of modeler. "

Yes you are!...you just said you'd rather take the money and buy the WNW kits,and even though a bit cheaper that is precisely what they are(every nut/bolt/rivet exactly in place). Sorry Old Troll,had to say it.

Nope, WilliamJ

You have it all wrong.

By purchasing WNW kits instead of another Uberstang, Oldtroll is acquiring kits of different aircraft that have not yet appeared in 1/32 scale. It does not matter that WNW kits have every detail in place - the point is that they are different aircraft, not just the 12th or 13th kit of the Uberstang.

Also, not everyone who builds models in 1/32 scale really cares if all the rivets are the correct size and are in the correct place in their models. We are not all slaves to the IPMS religion :hmmm:

I repeat, Variation uber alles. :party0023:

By the way, I consider it highly unpatriotic and insulting to their own heritage for two Japanese manufacturers to be bringing out their versions of the Uberstang, an American fighter, when they could and should be issuing their famed Val and Kate bombers in 1/32 scale.

For shame I say! :angry2:

Stephen the unabashed

Hmmmm...seems Kage has found me out...Its soooo big :m0152:

Very purty! 1.33 times bigger than yours Geoff (but not a patch on it, as it were (which just goes to prove that size doesn't (really) matter (pheww!!)))

By the way, I consider it highly unpatriotic and insulting to their own heritage for two Japanese manufacturers to be bringing out their versions of the Uberstang, an American fighter, when they could and should be issuing their famed Val and Kate bombers in 1/32 scale.

For shame I say! :angry2:

Stephen the unabashed

I have been extolling the virtues of the Dinah :D

Hmmmm...seems Kage has found me out...Its soooo big :m0152:

Hi Ironwing.

As much as I like the 1/24 scale Mustang I have, in the larger scales like 1/24 and especially 1/18 I prefer radio control flying models; If I am going to have to cope with models that large I prefer to go with wood, fiberglass, carbon fiber, electric motors and radio control. To me a larger scale static model hanging from the ceiling or taking up good shelf space is just a dust catcher. Better they should be flyable. Put the model into a power dive and blow that dust away.

That is one of the reasons I sold off all my 1/18 scale static model aircraft last year.

Stephen

I have been extolling the virtues of the Dinah :D

Yes, I know what you feel. There are so many interesting and handsome Japanese fighter and bomber aircraft of WW2 that have not yet appeared in 1/32 scale.

Of course, it is the same with the Japanese tanks of WW2. One or two have appeared in 1/35 scale, but there were more than one or two types of tanks used by the Japanese in WW2.

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

I love Japanese hardware, especially the aircraft. So much more interesting , IMHO that Italian etc etc, and the Dinah is one I'd die to see in 1/32. There is only one survivor.....RAF Cosford, about an hour and half's drive from here ;)

Frankly, I am mostly concerned with the financial health of the Z-M Company because they are bringing out their Uberstang the same year that Tamiya is offering theirs. Tamiya is the big Molloch and Z-M is the humble upstart. Both make excellent model kits, as we all know. But I do not know how well Z-M can compete with the big bopper.

I am almost tempted to buy one of Z-M's Uberstangs just to help keep them in business.

No, I will not buy one of Tamiya's, not under any circumstances.

Stephen