Look what I got for free

• 2 weeks later...

A progress is slow done some work on the pit leave it like that seat is ready and the stick.

The final coat of white is now on and a clear high gloss did sand the Red surface a bit for dust.

And to make life a joy the model standing on it nose rolled on it's belly cruising the intake so now the white is done I repair this the wheel bay needs to be weather.

Hope to make some more progress tomorrow.

5923664908_3ba5c4d866_b.jpg

5923664902_5bbfe285ca_b.jpg

5923664890_f7fb7f2ce7_b.jpg

5923664884_b98467b161_b.jpg

Have fun

Johan

Hi all Progress is slow got other work on my hands and I needed to find a way to get the fasteners holes in the good size.

And finally the small tube to do this with Micro brass tube for wiring the WW1 plane if I ever comes so far lol.

So the hole fills up with the paint and resin if I use it more then 4 times so I get out the drill 0.2 mm to clear this and it works only one mishap notice the brown repair under the nose.

first it was difficult but after time I get faster I glued the Landing gear fix in place with power glue it sticks like hell and can handel stress from any direction.

O and after I done the wing root rivets I looked at the photo and notice I have done more then needed the vertical panel lines well I will make the same mistake on the other site like it supposed to be that way hehe.

The exhaust is there to figure out were the rivets come.

5939683017_fdaa11dc40_b.jpg

5939683015_76df7feb0b_b.jpg

5939683023_6244db805e_b.jpg

Johan

Firts decals are on the red of the declas is a bit lighter still I think this wil change when a high gloss over coat.

I did the under wing decals to did not get realy sharp photo's so tomorrow I post some more.

5952397102_f6d69fc90c_b.jpg

Have fun Johan

• 2 weeks later...

I know this build from Turnerdad. I've googled a lot, there are some images on warbirdaeropress.com, mostly of aerlier version (all red, different upper air inlet). But I couldn't find landing gear bay images. Wings and bay were red, plane flew in this configuration and later wings were painted white. Was it major overhaul? Were different pipes and stuff dismounted from gear bay, gear painted white and everything mounted again? Or was everything just painted white without masking details?

Maciek

I know this build from Turnerdad. I've googled a lot, there are some images on warbirdaeropress.com, mostly of aerlier version (all red, different upper air inlet). But I couldn't find landing gear bay images. Wings and bay were red, plane flew in this configuration and later wings were painted white. Was it major overhaul? Were different pipes and stuff dismounted from gear bay, gear painted white and everything mounted again? Or was everything just painted white without masking details?

Maciek

I looked at every photo I could find of the "Red Baron" when I was building mine, and I never saw the inside of the landing gear wells. There used to be a site that just went down a couple of months ago, that documented the history of the aircraft, but even that had no shots of the landing gear bays. I know the inside of the gear doors were white, so I just painted the bays white too and didn't worry about it....

If you really want to know for sure, I would contact Planes of Fame museum in Chino, California. Steven Hinton, the Red Baron pilot, is sort of the "boss" there. They have some remaining wreckage from Red Baron on display at Planes of Fame, and besides Hinton I would wager there are at least one or two people affiliated with the museum who worked on Red Baron back in the day....

Having said all that, most of them probably are not modellers and simply may not remember things like wheel bay colors. Keep in mind it was more than 30 years ago. Nonetheless, that place would probably be your best source of information.

• 6 months later...

Hi Back on the Beast did have some paint trouble spraying the silver tail band I tipped some red paint of with the tape so that pissed me off.lol

Last week I got some time filled the spot respray the little area left of the band on this side you see on the photo and in the weekend sprayed it red today I was very careful this time with the tape and made it silver again spot repair hehehe.

And did many other work the rest of the decals and little peaces.

Hope to make more progress tomorrow.

DSC06992.jpg

Have fun Johan