1/24 TRUMP D-9 ALL IN BUILD

krow113

Trumpeter D-9 in 1/24 scale. All the goodies from Waldron ,Eduard , Verlinden , Master Model, Hobby Decal . 2 years work so far ,symptoms of sickness include:Removal of all the molded bolts on the engine ,replaced with Grandt line items,full plumbing,wiring ,cockpit wiring,guns wired. Re-riviting-re-scribing of at least 30% of the airframe . Full landing gear detailing , gunpanels and many,many corrections to a toy like but great kit.Almost done ,I have the basic markings and camo on the airframe and all the detail parts painted.I will be onto a myriad of airbrushed and hand painted details.Enjoy.

cpit43.jpg

engfin6.jpg

prop4.jpg

fuse39.jpg

And the subject...

clr2.jpg

paint31.jpg

paint61.jpg

mark9.jpg

mark29.jpg

mark42.jpg

Kevin Thank you ,I searched this forum last night and only found 2 posts of this kit.I think many are too concerned about the corrections and work required to make this a really good model.I was unaware of these kit troubles and dove in with both feet. It is a great kit and well worth the work as you will see.The model will be in a dio based on this pic:

1surrender.jpg

Verlinden ,the only 1/24 figs on the planet! , came up with these:

gi.jpg

gpilot.jpg

figs.jpg

I hope you all enjoy my wip. And thanks to Peter for the link to this site.

hey now Krow, you gotta link to your other WIP threads as we're missing a lot of the good stuff you've posted elsewhere!

Glad you found this Forum, this is one of my Fav stops on the web!

Shawn & Kieth- Thanks for the comments on my work.The model now has strips of damp paper towel draped on it to soften the Anbriod EZ Mask I used for the chipping .The mask is interesting it's the same stuff I used to mask plexi for translucent illuminated sign faces- prior to the computer ruining the sign industry. I see it is also used in aircraft graveyards to protect canopies from the sun.Anyone who wants to see any more of my semi-decent work can google krow113.

mum1.jpg

Edited by krow113

Hey Krow113,

This is most likely my next build, I have owned the kit for some time and have obtained the Verlinden cockpit already. I have a set of the Eduard German seatbelts, but what other AM stuff is available for this kit? BTW, I really like the paint scheme you chose to do, there aren't many flashy D-9 schemes to choose from. That's one of the coolest all camo schemes that I have seen yet. All the really cool and flashy Fw-190 schemes seem to be on the radial engined birds. I have two of those in my future as well, as I have two of the Airfix 1/24 190 kits in my stash.

So any advice for those of us following in your footsteps?

Dane , Epat-Thanks fro the kudo's . Where to begin! In this photo we will see the :

Waldron 1/24 rudder pedals.

Teknics 1/72 seat belts as rudder pedal straps.

Verlinden resin set.

Eduard seat belts

Eduard Me 109 placards ,a generic set so its ok to use.

Eduard instrument bezels.

Tuner Model Factory simulated duct for the oxy hose.

cpit38.jpg

I buggered up the paint job so I stepped off to re-group.

Edited by krow113

Krow, she looks really good!!! You're definately on the the right road here. I hope mine turns out as well. Keep on wit da good work and I'll stay tuned. This one definately has my interest peaked. Any posssibility of links to the other WIP threads? Like Dane said, one seriously sexy ass Dora!!!!!

Ex pat Thanks ,just google my name I dont think its polite to put other forums on this forum ,just a little quirk of mine. Please contact me whenever you get to your D-9 .If you like I can email a vector file or send you paint masks for your markings .jv 44 with the red/white underside ,would get a lot of attention .Most of the a/m stuff on this build is from ebay and hiroboy.

We don't mind - really!

Kev

Well I wouldnt want you guys to see the fun I'm having on the fsm forum right now ,in the odds and ends ,and in autos ... not really much to do with modelling but there is a specious magazine cover posted in there that some would find slightly humorous.