1/32 Hasegawa A-4E, McCain's plane

grayson72

Greetings all, I thought I would share with you my first finished model in four years. This is the first 1/32 scale model I've done although I've done several others in 1/72. I built this plane out of the box except for the decals which I made myself in PowerPoint. The decals that came in the box disintegrated, so I did some web research and referenced Squadron's walk around book as well. I figured I'd do something a little off the beaten path for the decal scheme, this represents John McCain's plane that was lost in the Forrestal fire.

The pictures aren't that great but you get the idea.

A-4E10004.jpg

A-4E10002.jpg

A-4E10000.jpg

A-4E10008.jpg

A-4E10006.jpg

A-4E9997.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Can't believe this is your first 32nd scale build. Wonderful work. Fit and finish is excellent and the decals look great.

Peter

Glad you all liked the build, thanks for the nice comments. I have a quite a backlog of 1/32 jets waiting to be built. This one was so much fun I definately have the bug to start another one. I partially started the tamiya F-14 years ago, I'll probably do that one next, I've got all the eduard PE for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just many different layers in PowerPoint, I had to stack the colored lines so they'd overlap in the right places.

I'd love to have the powerpoint file. please send it to bradebau@netzero.net

thanks,

Bruce

• 4 years later...