1/32 CF-5A

ALF18

Nice one ALF glad to see you got some spare time to model!!

Glad you could stop by Neo.

I have a commission build to do (a 1/48 Tutor), then my next project is one for your GB. I haven't forgotten!

ALF

Great memories, great story and a great model Alf. I believe that there are many modellers are afraid to show their models on this website because they seem to have some wired misconception that there are only experts here, and are thus sometimes a little afraid to show their efforts - I am delighted that you were not afraid to do so.

This is what modelling is really about - passion (the means always justify the ends in modelling). I am so pleased that you perservered with this build, and considering what this build means to you personally, I for one feel very priviliged that you shared it with us all.

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Great memories, great story and a great model Alf. I believe that there are many modellers are afraid to show their models on this website because they seem to have some wired misconception that there are only experts here, and are thus sometimes a little afraid to show their efforts - I am delighted that you were not afraid to do so.

This is what modelling is really about - passion (the means aleays justify the ends in modelling). I am so plesed that you perservered with this build, and considering what this build means to you personally, I for one feel very priviliged that you shared it with us all.

Regards

Derek

What Derek said.

Harold

This is what modelling is really about - passion (the means always justify the ends in modelling). I am so pleased that you perservered with this build, and considering what this build means to you personally, I for one feel very priviliged that you shared it with us all.

Regards

Derek

Derek

You make some excellent points. The quality of most work posted on LSP is extremely high. Everywhere I look, I see examples of beautiful and complex scratchbuilding (e.g. Pig's huge T-38), super detailing (I just browsed recent WIPs of a Mosquito and a Mustang where this is being taken to incredible heights), and gorgeous paint jobs (like the Wingnut Wings builds; I have never seen such natural-looking wood and fabric).

I must admit that when I saw the high-resolution photos with the unflatteringly harsh flash, I almost decided to call it off and abandon this thread. The reason I decided to go ahead and post anyway is that my years as a fighter pilot have inured me to harsh comments, and I told myself I would show it, warts and all. Having said that, though, I am very glad to have shared this with the LSP population because here is a place where people are inherently polite and positive. A veritable safe harbour on the internet!

I'm happy that you took the time to comment, and thank all of those who have done the same with the same sincerity.

ALF

We are very happy that you took the time to post your build. Sharing, as you did, the hurdles of building a conversion that is one of the toughest to do.

I have one in my stash,

When I was received the box in the mail, I was ready to jump in, 'cause I really really wanted to build it. After I fondled the resin for a while. it went back in the box and has been sitting in a dark lonely place since then.

I am not at all squeamish about hacking up perfectly good kits to do a conversion, but this one made me shake a little..LOL

You sir are a very brave man.

Thanks again,

Harold

We are very happy that you took the time to post your build. Sharing, as you did, the hurdles of building a conversion that is one of the toughest to do.

I have one in my stash,

When I was received the box in the mail, I was ready to jump in, 'cause I really really wanted to build it. After I fondled the resin for a while. it went back in the box and has been sitting in a dark lonely place since then.

I am not at all squeamish about hacking up perfectly good kits to do a conversion, but this one made me shake a little..LOL

You sir are a very brave man.

Thanks again,

Harold

Coming from the AM master you are, that is high praise!

Thanks Harold!

:beer:

Yep, me too I really enjoyed this build, and definately an awesome result. Not many people will have one of those on their display shelf :speak_cool:

Well done mate

Whats next??

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony

Next... not quite sure. Have a small commission build to do for a colleague, in a scale we can't talk about on LSP (48 something or other). Thinking of something OOB, and easy - maybe a 1/32 P-51D in natural metal.

ALF