Fisher Cutlass

Mr Creosote

I took some time today and shot some pictures of the parts breakdown of the Fisher F-7U-3M Cutlass.

The box is plain with only some graphics on the ends. For what is going to be a large model,once completed, the box measures only 17"X10"X3".

MatadorEngineandTransmission1149.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1150.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1148.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1147.jpg

Once opened you'll see that the parts are well padded with tissue paper.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1151.jpg

Here you see the main fuselage and belly pan.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1153.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1154.jpg

The forward fuselage and canopy. The canopies are very bright and clear.My windscreen felt tacky so I have left it out in case it needs to cure some more. Of course the tackiness could be mold release that needs cleaned.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1156.jpg

The vertical fins with the main mount wheel well detail.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1158.jpg

RD

Edited by Mr Creosote

RD, I tried to fix up your image links, but you've really only linked to 2 different photos, so they just repeat down the page. Also, there's a limit of 10 photos per post, and yours exceeded that. However, if you go back and edit your original post, you can see the changes I made to get your images to load, so you should be able to make it work from there.

FWIW, there's an option in the Photobucket sharing menu that is designed for forums such as this (it's the bottom one). Tutorial at the following link:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=32062

Kev

Ah. My image posting brain fart has gone away. Thanks Jennings and Kevin for you assistance.I certainly apprieciate it.

Back to the Cutlass.

Main mount wheel well detail.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1161.jpg

Wings. Top and bottom.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1162.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1163.jpg

Various cockpit and other detail parts bagged up as shipped.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1166.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1167.jpg

Landing gear struts. Mains cast in metal. All very nicely detailed.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1164.jpg

Intake and exhaust pieces. Compressor faces included. No need for covers.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1165.jpg

The photoetch fret.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1168.jpg

The stickers. Complete with insturment panel guages.

MatadorEngineandTransmission1169.jpg

MatadorEngineandTransmission1170.jpg

4 markings options are provided. 3 Gull Gray over White and 1 NMF.

There is a very nice assembly guide,of course. From what I've seen so far this kit is absolutely top shelf. It does come with a healthy price tag thats for sure. But then again,that price is not too out of line when compared to some other 32nd scale kits on the market. In my estimation,this was money well spent.

RD

Guest Peterpools

RD

Thanks for posting the photos. One gorgeous kit. The moldings look absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to following along every step of the way, when you start your build thread; hopefully, that will be very soon.

BTW, the box is the same size as the Panther And it's a big kit in it's won right.

Enjoy the Cutlass.

Peter

Thanks Peter. One of the things that was interesting was that the canopy was inside the forward fuselage and the forward fuselage was inside the main fuselage body. I'm looking forward to seeing your Panther.

RD

That looks like an insanely cool kit. i can attest to the quick shipping from Fisher. I ordered the Hunter conversion on Monday, and had it in my hands on Friday. I know I don't live far away, but you can't argue with shipping that quickly.

Man, if only I had the money, I think I'd jump all over this one. That natural metal Cutlass just looks so cool....!!!! :speak_cool:

Matt

This is an insanely cool kit. As for shipping , my Crusader conversion was shipped relatively quickly. The Cutlass seems to be well slower to ship. And no doubt understandably so.

There is one NMF option in the box,its A/C #23 from VX-4 "The Evaluators". Very striking.

Save your green and get one of these,I doubt you'd be disappointed.

RD

That looks like an insanely cool kit. i can attest to the quick shipping from Fisher. I ordered the Hunter conversion on Monday, and had it in my hands on Friday. I know I don't live far away, but you can't argue with shipping that quickly.

Man, if only I had the money, I think I'd jump all over this one. That natural metal Cutlass just looks so cool....!!!! :speak_cool:

Matt