Encore Fokker Triplane

Daywalker

Just received this in the post today, I am so excited to build this kit! Got it for a great price on Ebay, and with the amount of goodies in the box it really is a deal. Besides the Roden 1/32 Dr.1 kit in the bag, this boxing includes resin tailplane, ailerons, cowl, and deck to build an F.1. So either a Dr.1 or an F.1 can be built from this kit. Also includes two frets of Eduard PE, resin engine and other bits, as well as a resin figure of Voss standing in flying gear. Cartograph decals too, for both Voss' aircraft and another F.1.

001.jpg

002.jpg

This is the boxing to get! Its a real deal for sure! I have a couple in the Stash... Looking forward to your build.

Any ideas on the marking scheme?

Thanks for looking in guys! Really hoping to start this one in the next few days.

As far as markings go, I found one I really like from an OOP Cutting Edge sheet, but sadly I do not have it. Some digging has shown that besides those, the only other offerings out there are two sheets from EagleCals. Don't really care much for those unfortunately. So, I shall probably go with Voss' F.1.

• 3 weeks later...

You better check out Montex masks for this bird.I do not recommend using the origianl Roden decals if they are still in that box. Early Roden decals is :BANGHEAD2:

Bild074.jpg

This Pfalz is a early Roden and at that time I built this there was no replacements to get

What scheme is you in for?Perhaps You can find it at Montex

ZoomIn.jpg

My link

Larsa

Thanks for looking in guys! Really hoping to start this one in the next few days.

As far as markings go, I found one I really like from an OOP Cutting Edge sheet, but sadly I do not have it. Some digging has shown that besides those, the only other offerings out there are two sheets from EagleCals. Don't really care much for those unfortunately. So, I shall probably go with Voss' F.1.

Have you looked at the gorgeous Pheon Models selections yet? Here's a link to one set.

Pheon Models decals

They can be ordered directly from Rowan here.

pheon.models@hotmail.co.uk

I think there's also another set, but can't seem to find the link. Rowan would be more than happy to advise you i'm sure.

Just received this in the post today, I am so excited to build this kit! Got it for a great price on Ebay, and with the amount of goodies in the box it really is a deal. Besides the Roden 1/32 Dr.1 kit in the bag, this boxing includes resin tailplane, ailerons, cowl, and deck to build an F.1. So either a Dr.1 or an F.1 can be built from this kit. Also includes two frets of Eduard PE, resin engine and other bits, as well as a resin figure of Voss standing in flying gear. Cartograph decals too, for both Voss' aircraft and another F.1.

Just out of curiosity, what does the Voss figure look like? Is it well done? The reason I ask is that soner or later, I'd like to do an Albatros that Voss flew, and it might be a whole lot cheaper to buy another whole Dr.I and figure, than to lay down the cash for the drop dead gorgeous Model Cellar Voss figure in this scale.

Edited by Typhoonattack1

Figure is nicely done... but it doesn't look like Voss

I may go with the MC one then as that one definitely looks like Voss. Of course by the time I'm finished with it it may not.

Thank you for the help fellas!

Larsa- Is that your Pfalz? It looks incredible!

Kevin- Thank you for the head's up on the Pheon decals, I just sent Rowan a PM inquiring about them. As for the resin figure, Dave is right- it is well done but doesn't really look like Voss IMHO. Here's a photo gleaned from the web showing the parts:

0911%20Nov%20Newsletter-03.jpg

Thank you for the help fellas!

Larsa- Is that your Pfalz? It looks incredible!

Kevin- Thank you for the head's up on the Pheon decals, I just sent Rowan a PM inquiring about them. As for the resin figure, Dave is right- it is well done but doesn't really look like Voss IMHO. Here's a photo gleaned from the web showing the parts:

0911%20Nov%20Newsletter-03.jpg

Nope, doesn't look like Voss at all, but this does!

Voss.jpg

Hi

The included figure looks real nice to me.I can´t say it bad and I´m glad that it´s not a pirated Model cellar.The Voss figure from Mike Good is just awsome, I have it standing beside Rodens Albie DIII

009.jpgSo why can´t you have this figure besides the Dr1.

Yep that´s my Pfalz too.

• 1 month later...

Which a/c on the C.E. sheet were you looking at? I have at least one sheet and the only a/c I was thinking of using was Richtofen's brother.

Which a/c on the C.E. sheet were you looking at? I have at least one sheet and the only a/c I was thinking of using was Richtofen's brother.

Hello Ray, thank you so much for the offer!

I REALLY like the A/C of Hauptmann Adolf Ritter von Tutschek, the one on the left on this sheet:

ced32067p.jpg

If you have this sheet, and are willing to part with those, I would be eternally grateful!