Hasegawa Fw190 A8

Hi all !

We are the 1st of May and this is first model started AND finished this year : :yahoo:

AGO built Fw190 A-8, 3./ JG 2.

Mostly OOB except riveting, RB late war seat belts, brake and electrical wires on the LG, micro tubes for the canons, pitot and antenna, drilled out exhausts and guns, windscreen washers, separated control surfaces and a very little improvement on the drop tank.

The canopy is not glued but hold with a pin, with one open position and one closed.

Color profile is by Simon Schatz, decals and dry transfers are the first release of VintageEagle (a HUGE thank you to you, Roger !!!! :beer: )

110501033701933508086928.jpg

110501033714933508086929.jpg

110501033727933508086942.jpg

110501033742933508086944.jpg

110501033854933508086954.jpg

110501033756933508086946.jpg

110501033817933508086950.jpg

110501033840933508086953.jpg

And the underside

110501033904933508086956.jpg

110501033921933508086957.jpg

2-3 things are still missig : gun camera lens, the small wheel retraction things on the wings top, and rear wheel retraction cable... but I dare to consider her as ready for a roll out :innocent:

;)

Roland, bravo! I like it very much. :clap2:

I was following your build with rising excitement. (got scared for a while after firs coat of "rubber ducky style" paint :coolio: ), but as usuall you were able to keep a high quality level in your build. The photographs are great and the weathering is just right, not to flashy, not overkilled.

Once again BRAVO! :m0152:

Martin

Nice one Roland!

See what you can do when you really try! ;)

I think that one deserves a darn good yodel don't you?

Looking forward to your next project, and I hope that you'll be bringing one to Telford?

Subjects for this year are 'British' and 'Anything Russian' so a nice Il-2 would be nice.

I've already got the competition shield engraved, will it have your name upon it?

Have fun and keep up the great work.

Roy. (32SIG).

Beautiful work Roland. Great details, great paintwork, great weathering - great build! I do think, however, that it may be a touch too shiny (or at least it appears to be in a couple of your photos).

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Roland

Outstanding OOB build. Finish and weathering is spot on and just the way I prefer: used but not Abused.

:speak_cool: :thumbsup:

Peter

Whow !!! :huh:

Thank you for all these messages !!!!!

I really hope the "commissionner" will be as enthousiastic about it !!!

(...)

I was following your build with rising excitement. (got scared for a while after firs coat of "rubber ducky style" paint ) (...)

Hahaha! "rubber ducky style"!!! :lol: :lol: but you are soooo right !!!

I still don't know what I was doing with this thing !!! but it happen :deadhorse:

This unfortunate step could have been easily skipped but I think it's part of the WIP "game". :lol:

Another great build...do you have any more info on their dry transfers that you used?

Thank you Dave !

More info ? I don't know, depends on what you would like to know.

What's on the sheet, how they set ?

Nice one Roland!

See what you can do when you really try!

I think that one deserves a darn good yodel don't you?

Looking forward to your next project, and I hope that you'll be bringing one to Telford?

Subjects for this year are 'British' and 'Anything Russian' so a nice Il-2 would be nice.

I've already got the competition shield engraved, will it have your name upon it?

Have fun and keep up the great work.

Roy. (32SIG).

Thanks Roy !

I still don't know yet if I'll make the trip this year, and with a model in the suitcase ? This scares me...

I could be tempted one day by an Il-2, but a 2 seater ! It just may be a bit too large for me in "our" scale. Anyway, I'm not really into competitions but one never know ;)

After 2 Luft subjects in a short while, I'm a bit done with camo.

The Hughes H1 project may be the next one as I've got now all the "goodies" I wanted and a lot (too much ) infos.

Beautiful work Roland. Great details, great paintwork, great weathering - great build! I do think, however, that it may be a touch too shiny (or at least it appears to be in a couple of your photos).

Kev

Thank you too Kev !!!

Regarding the shiny apearance it has mostly to do with the direct noon sun (it was my only option between the heavy spring thunderstorms in the afternoons !) this really increase the shiny side of the semi-gloss coat <_<

;)

The Hughes H1 project may be the next one as I've got now all the "goodies" I wanted and a lot (too much ) infos.

I may be joining you with that one Roland, only I plan on doing mine OOB. One of my modelling resolutions for this year is to try a resin kit, and this is the only one I've got!

Thank you too Kev !!!

Regarding the shiny apearance it has mostly to do with the direct noon sun (it was my only option between the heavy spring thunderstorms in the afternoons !) this really increase the shiny side of the semi-gloss coat <_<

;)

Gotcha.

Kev

Wow! That´s one of the best Fw190 seen in this Scale ever..

Outstanding paintjob and weathering looks very,very like the real thing!!

"Ganz großes Kino mein Herr"

Nice evening!

Lutz