Phantom landing gear

Bruce

At the IPMS nationals last year Ernie Gee said he was coming out with a set of white brass gear for both the Tamiya and Revell kits that was supposed to correct the undersized nose gear for Revell and have all the actuators that were left off both kits gear? Anyone know whats up? anyone close to Ernie, he hasn't answered my emails?

Bruce

Bruce,

Ernie and I had the same discussion at the 2008 IPMS NATS in Virginia Beach.

He told me then he was working on a set the Tamiya kit. :tumble:

Barry

I was told the same thing 11/2 yrs ago. I also ask him to do a set for the F-86. I recieved a very short email from him a couple months ago. Just saying hi....Harv

he implied that they were almost done and were beautiful. He also said he was doing a set of F-14 gear.

Bruce

Hey everybody. THe Phantom stuff is still in the works, I was looking at it last week. The F-14 stuff is either in casting right now, or next up, can't remember off the top of my head. There are other products in the works right now, and Ernie has started doing casting work for big model companies, and those take priority, sorry guys. And 32nd stuff is harder for us to work with, not only because of the extra size and cost and work of the moldings, also because it is easier to cast more and ship more of the smaller stuff in 1/48th, just based on the size and complexity of the parts. I just ask that everyone be patient, both Ernie and I are getting to the end of our respective school years, and I'll talk to him this week about getting some of this stuff moving, deal everyone? Thanks for the concerns, and glad people enjoy the products.

Thanks for the update; it's good to hear these are still in works and business is strong!

Barry

Thanks Barry. Yeah, they're still in the works, but some model companies have put in orders, and they're HUGE orders, so those need to be filled first.

Matt