Sign in to follow this  
Brian79

Sea Fury Reissue Teaser

Lovely engine detail Brian! I really look forward to getting one of these kits this time 'round. Here's a couple of pics I took of "Simply Magnificent", a Sea Fury that was based at Boundary Bay airport in British Columbia. After metal was found in the engine oil the owner decided it was too costly to have the Bristol engine overhauled again and she was sold to someone down south but I'm not sure to who or where she wound up.

Cheers,

Wolf

Saved for future use....BIG Thanks there Wolf...all we needed.

Edited by williamj

Lovely engine detail Brian! I really look forward to getting one of these kits this time 'round. Here's a couple of pics I took of "Simply Magnificent", a Sea Fury that was based at Boundary Bay airport in British Columbia. After metal was found in the engine oil the owner decided it was too costly to have the Bristol engine overhauled again and she was sold to someone down south but I'm not sure to who or where she wound up.

Cheers,

Wolf

BristolCentaurus2.jpg

BristolCentaurus1.jpg

Even though it is almost a crime, I think that is why the vast majority of Sea Furys have been re-engined with Skyraider engines and props. While not cheap, I am sure rebuilding the Skyraider engine is a lot cheaper....

Guest Peterpools

Thanks for posting the photos.

Peter

We designed this part to deliver maximum detail without being overly complicated to assemble. IMG_0006.jpg

Very nice work indeed Brian (this is also my own philosophy with regard to pattern making as well - sort of the Monogram approach...accurate built-in detail that is not OTT but looks 'right' when carefully painted as opposed to something that has a zillion costly difficult to cast and fit parts that only those well off can afford!).

Good luck to you and Paul as I am sure that your Sea Fury shall be a fantastic seller (again!).

Cheers

Derek

Guest Peterpools

Still counting the days ........

Peter

Don't know if this is the right place to ask a question about the expected arrival of the new batch of Sea Fury's.

But do you know? and this is a question for the Resin Builders out here is this kit doable for a 1/32 novice like me and that you have to use CA glue.

I ask this because I'm thinking of maybe getting me one or two if they come available.

The only resin thing i have build is a Aires P&W R2800 1/48 radial engine.

What do you all think?

Guest Peterpools

Right now, I'm in the middle of building the Fisher F9F-5 Panther and either CCA or epoxy are the only glues I know of that will do the trick. This is my first resin kit and I haven't had any problems using either type of glue, in the construction of the Panther. A lot also has to be said on how good the kit is.

:clap2: :speak_cool: :clap2:

Peter

and this is a question for the Resin Builders out here is this kit doable for a 1/32 novice like me

I would say yes. I have built two of these Fury kits now. They really do not pose any problems to build. If you can build an injection molded kit you can build one of these.

Go for it. They are a real treat to build. Even something as silly as opening the box for the first time is fun. :speak_cool:

Hi Brian,

Just wish you would do this in 1:24 scale and then the Lancaster :D

Regards

Richard

I would say yes. I have built two of these Fury kits now. They really do not pose any problems to build. If you can build an injection molded kit you can build one of these.

Go for it. They are a real treat to build. Even something as silly as opening the box for the first time is fun. :speak_cool:

Brian,

Is there any ballpark date for the reissue for the Fury available yet?

Tim

Hi Guys, The re-issue Sea Fury FB.11 will be ready very shortly, decals are going to print now and we'll be putting up the kit for pre-order on the website pretty quickly, hopefully next week.I am in the middle of trying to build a new website and it is not really my strong-suit so bear with me!

Can't thank you all enough for all the encouraging posts,and the ideas for kits.

Best,

Paul Fisher

Hi Guys, The re-issue Sea Fury FB.11 will be ready very shortly, decals are going to print now and we'll be putting up the kit for pre-order on the website pretty quickly, hopefully next week.I am in the middle of trying to build a new website and it is not really my strong-suit so bear with me!

Can't thank you all enough for all the encouraging posts,and the ideas for kits.

Best,

Paul Fisher

Awesome news Paul! Looking forward to this one (again!).

Guest Peterpools

Any update on when you will be taking orders for the Sea Fury? :please: Really looking forward to the kit.

Thanks

Peter