Sign in to follow this  
Brian79

Sea Fury Reissue Teaser

Hi guys, I told you I would post some pictures and info when I got the ok! Here is a shot of the protoytpe engine plug for the upcoming Sea Fury reissue. This insert will fit into a cowling that will come with one side of the engine access hatch opened up so all you will have to do is paint this plug and drop it in from that backside and you're done. Once placed inside the cowling, the two outer rings on each side will form the seals for the removed engine panel. We designed this part to deliver maximum detail without being overly complicated to assemble. Just keep in mind that this is the proof of concept and the final part has much more detail, includung plug wires!

IMG_0006.jpg

Will the decals also be reissued? I am still looking for a set of early Egypt cockades with the halfmoon in the center.

Regards!

- dutik

I missed one the first go-round...DO want one this time...Please let us know when they're ready . :speak_cool:

Edited by williamj

Looks great!

I love the approach Fisher has always taken to detail on models. I have never understood a company making a vastly complicated model with a ton of interior detailing that will never be seen. I would prefer a relatively simple model, with great attention to detail put into the parts that will be visible when it is completed.

I missed one the first go-round...DO want one this time...Please let us know when they're ready . :speak_cool:

Stay tuned for preorder information!

Looks great!

I love the approach Fisher has always taken to detail on models. I have never understood a company making a vastly complicated model with a ton of interior detailing that will never be seen. I would prefer a relatively simple model, with great attention to detail put into the parts that will be visible when it is completed.

Thanks Bryan, We agree! :beer4:

Will the decals also be reissued? I am still looking for a set of early Egypt cockades with the halfmoon in the center.

Regards!

- dutik

Dutik, I'm not sure, I don't have anything to do with the decal end of the operation.

Hey, I'm with WilliamJ on this one. I missed it the 1st time 'round too and this is one of my all time favorite aircraft. Now that I've gotten in to 1/32nd I'm going to have to figure out how to pay for one of these. One thing though, I'm a much nicer guy than Bill so can you let me know before him?rofl.gif Besides, he already has too much stuff!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey, I'm with WilliamJ on this one. I missed it the 1st time 'round too and this is one of my all time favorite aircraft. Now that I've gotten in to 1/32nd I'm going to have to figure out how to pay for one of these. One thing though, I'm a much nicer guy than Bill so can you let me know before him?rofl.gif Besides, he already has too much stuff!

Cheers,

Wolf

Exorcist-768x1024.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Also missed the Sea Fury the first time around and am eagerly waiting fr the new release. I check the web site daily, hoping to see the notice that Paul is accepting deposit. Going to be one great kit. :piliot:

Peter

Lovely engine detail Brian! I really look forward to getting one of these kits this time 'round. Here's a couple of pics I took of "Simply Magnificent", a Sea Fury that was based at Boundary Bay airport in British Columbia. After metal was found in the engine oil the owner decided it was too costly to have the Bristol engine overhauled again and she was sold to someone down south but I'm not sure to who or where she wound up.

Cheers,

Wolf

BristolCentaurus2.jpg

BristolCentaurus1.jpg