Silver Wings Hawker Hart

AndersN

WOW You been creative my friend and that´s looking very,very nice.

See u saterday

//Larsa

Let me guess, still pale as a polar bear?! ;)

Thanks, yep I managed to find some time this weekend.

Neither Tunnan or Lansen released in time :crying: Well, see u at GGG (not the german GGG, those of you that know about that :coolio: )

Didnt think of this before, but now that Ive assembled the landing gear I have a feeling its too tall.

I have three different drawings and all differ slightly in the area.

Thoughts from those of you that have the kit?

Cheers

Anders

Didnt think of this before, but now that Ive assembled the landing gear I have a feeling its too tall.

I have three different drawings and all differ slightly in the area.

Thoughts from those of you that have the kit?

Cheers

Anders

Could it be the difference between on the ground (compressed) and flying (uncompressed) configurations? I'd look at photographs to determine this - I don't rely on drawings; I've seen far too many inconsistencies in the Soviet/Russian drawings I've looked at for me to trust drawings, from whatever country, without checking them against photographs of the actual aeroplane.

Regards,

Jason

• 1 month later...

Back in business

Attached, removed, cut and today I reattached the landing gear.

I felt it was too high for the B4 so I cut it some 5-6mm.

DSCN6200.jpg

Moving on...

DSCN6202.jpg

This is my first multi-wing resin kit, also first time working with brass pins. Had to take a walk in between these pictures :speak_cool:

DSCN6203.jpg

Awful lot of pins and there is still four to do... Not today. I need a :beer:

DSCN6204.jpg

Cheers

Anders

Looking more and more like a B.4, Anders! I especially like the high-tech devices you used to hold the two wings apart in the second photograph (hey, whatever works). I was going to get back to my B.4 in 1/72nd scale, but I got sidetracked by a P-39N that was begging to be built, in Soviet markings of course (just when I think I'm getting out, they keep pulling me back in!). Keep up the good work - I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Regards,

Jason

Attached the last four wing pins. I need a :beer: and :popcorn: .

The forward fuselage pins were too long, I shortened these 6-7mm. Their holes were too far down too.

DSCN6205.jpg

Note the fly on the wing..sat down just as I was shooting.

Thanks Jason. Watch it or you'll never get out of the red star swamp :P

Cheers

Anders

Thanks Jason. Watch it or you'll never get out of the red star swamp :P

Cheers

Anders

You're welcome, Anders, and to use a quote from another movie "It is too late for me, my son" (Star Wars - Return of the Jedi).

Regards,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Anders, whilst I was working on my P-39N (Academy), I decided to start on my P-39Q (Hobby Boss), and what's the point of fighters without something to protect so I finally got started on my Petlyakov Pe-2 (Zvezda/Italeri). The good news is I am well along on those so I'm determined to start on my Hart B.4 once I get these done. Do me good to get away from the Eastern Front for awhile - oh, wait, the B.4 was used in the Winter War - that's almost Eastern Front. At any rate, Anders, you need to finish yours so I can see what I should be making mine look like.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

I'm pretty sure you are capable on your own Jason ;)

But yes, I have to finish this soon.

No pictures, but I have made the second wing tank and sanded down the moulded one a bit, as they can barely be seen on the real thing. Progress is being made on the cowling as well.

And I have actually painted the upper wing :)

Please show us how you added your second wing tank Anders! Those who might want to do a more mild conversion to their Hart that need to add the second tank would find it very useful :)

Cheers,

Doug

Please show us how you added your second wing tank Anders! Those who might want to do a more mild conversion to their Hart that need to add the second tank would find it very useful :)

Cheers,

Doug

Ok, here's what I did. Prepare yourselves! I sanded the wing flat and glued a piece of pc on it :)

I don't think the framing should be there at all. I actually removed it but the result was just...flat...so I remade it and will leave it as it is now.

Still have the ?-shaped pipes to do.

DSCN6375.jpg

The green needs some touching up...

I won't make it in time...Too much work the next few months...

All work no play makes Anders a dull boy.

That silver and green camouflage over the light blue is going to look smashing when finished, Anders! I for one can't wait to see it done. As soon as I finish my GPW 'planes I'm going to get back on my AZ B.4, I promise. By the way, just what the heck were those question marked shaped thingies on the wings anyway - they look like the tops of coat hangers?

Regards,

Jason