Silver Wing´s Gladiator MkII

Qvarre

Hi again

Now are the instrument panel, telegraph key and throttle in place. An oxygen hose will be added later from the tubes under the seat and out in a loop on the floor. Some wires are still to be added before I can say, Ok it´s done.

There was some checking before I glued the panels for the instrument in place. It was a tight fit but no problems. The clear film with the instruments was painted white using Tamyia´s white primer, an easy and quick way to do it. The panel itself was painted Humbrol 62 leather with a touch of 107 WW1 purple, just to give it a more “reddish ”tone.

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

//Larsa

Hi Larsa.

Pit is coming fine!

Thank you for the link for the pictures.

I have a question about the plane on those pics.

Following the pictures I already saw and have, this is an MkI, not a MkII.

Two blade propeller, dashboard in one piece.

Am I right?

Once again nice pit you made there!

Chers,

Jamme

I have a question about the plane on those pics.

Following the pictures I already saw and have, this is an MkI, not a MkII.

Two blade propeller, dashboard in one piece.

Am I right?

This is the swedish airforce we're talking about, nothing is what it should be :clap2: :BANGHEAD2:

The airplane in the museum is in fact a Mk.II with 2-blade prop (all swedish Gladiators regardless Mk.I or II, except the first one and a maybe few others, had 2-bladed wooden props).

What I can't figure out is why it has the Mk.I dashboard...maybe all of them had Mk.I dashboards to make things easier? Or maybe this was changed for some reason in service or in the museum.

/Anders

Hi

Time for a short but interesting update. I had to change the instrument panel, some confusion about which panel was used.So with the references I had on the MkI panel the new was set up. I used Silver Wings panel just added some instrumentrings from Eduard and some placards from Waldron´s. The small etched dot and squares was taken from an old etch from S&S carparts in 24-scale.Still some bits to be painted and then we can call the interior done.

047.jpg

046.jpg

042.jpg

So from here my attention is turned to the inside of the fuselage. I will replace the guns. Using the guns from Monograms B-17 G in 48 scale, they just look better for a Browning/Colt M22 wich was used in Sweden at the time.

043.jpg

044.jpg

:beer: //Larsa

Guest Peterpools

Great start on the kit. Enjoying following along as the build progresses. Detailing and realistic weathering on the interior is spot on and so very well done. :speak_cool:

Peter

Just a late update with no pics. Today my friend Anders delivered some real nice things.A par of resincasted corrected skis,the painting masks I need for the final paintjob and some stunning Browningbarrels,Thanks Anders.

Pics comming

//Larsa