Silver Wing´s Gladiator MkII

Qvarre

Hi folks

Just got some pics off the gladiator,so I can start building.

008-1.jpg

This is what you get, alot off bags with alots off small bits and peices.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

So from here it´s just to start build the gem Silöver Wing have done.The kit is just awesome and I´m just hoping I can do it justice when I´m building it.

//Larsa

Hi Folks

Tonight I will stat up the build, so you have to wait a bit longer before I sending up some pics off the progress.This is what I´m aiming for a Swedish F19.

00102.jpg

This pics taken at the Swedish Airfoce museum at Malmen.So I have a good 25 kilometers to a good reference.

00103.jpg

detail_gladiator_09.jpg

//Larsa

Hi Folks

Time for the first update.When Jamme starts up with the build of the engine,I´ll start up with the interior.

Cutting the block from the castingprocess took me some time. Be gentle so you don´t break anything.I use an old Trimaster sawblade for the job.

009-1.jpg

The instruction want you to cut four pices of plastic rods.They should go on the topside of the interiorframe

011.jpg

There is one error in the messure here.The rod 24 mm´s should be 22mmwith 24 mm you can not close the fuselge.

012.jpg

So the interior frame is glued together.This stage took some time because the frames was somewhat warped.With some TLC the frames was glued togehter and squared up.

013.jpg

014.jpg

So from here the fun stuff starts for me.This is what I aims for.

038.jpg

See u next update

//Larsa

Hello Larsa.

Nice to see you start the job on the fuselage.

Thank you for sharing the building impressions!

Good job.

Cheers,

Jamme

Thanks Jamme

Just got new seatbelts from HGW today. I will use them instead of the kits etched ones.Pics comming soon, just started to detail up the interior.

//Larsa

Hi GB folks

Now mostly of the details silver wing provided is in the interior. The seat, floor and controlstick are not glued in place yet, they will after painting is done. I added some extra details from sheet brass 0.3mm thick and some copper wires. I used pictures from the museum Gladiator as guide and reference.

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

I will not use the etched seat belt from Silver Wing´s. An early style of “Sutton” belts from HGW will be used instead. They have just that little bit more interest and details. I do not like bending brass belts into the cockpit, even if Silver Wing`s belt is soft and very easy to bend I find it difficult to get the belt realistic when glued in.HGW ´s have a paper belts and this is the first time for me with this brand. The etch included is Eduard’s top work.

022.jpg

Until next time the should have some paint on the interior frame. The belts will be in place and hopefully even the instrument panel.

Regards

Larsa

Hello Larsa.

Nice work on the interior.

I had a look at mine... :wacko: ....a lot of work to do....!

Do all the pieces fit?

By the way i'm interested by pictures of the interior of the real plane. If you want to share?

Thank You,

Cheers,

Jamme

Hi Jamme

The frames was real warped but I had no problem fixing them.The resin is soft enough to straiten up against the floor peices.There was no problems with the fit of the interior into the fuselage. Next thing is the MkII panel to fix up, then the rest of the bits will go into place.Some details will be made for the inside of the fuselage halves before the marrige.

Check this pics of the Gladiator in the Swedish museum. You have 105 pics, so click on "Wiev All" left top corner.

My link

//Larsa

Looks great so far Larsa! Having followed your builds in the WW1 forum of Britmodeller, I know this will be a stunner when done!

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Doug

Now you raised the expectations on me my friend. Britmodeller yes, long time since I stopped by there.

Thanks Larsa

Hi

Yesterday I got some paint on to the frame, starting with aluminum (27002) from Humbrol as base colour. Then grey 92 was used as final colour. When the paint was still wet I used a toothpick to scratch up the grey to let the silver shine thru. A decal sheet from Mike Grant´s decals had to let a compass decals lend me a compass for the Gladiator.

A thin wash mixed from black33 and sand 63 was used to give the interior some 5 o´clock shadows. So from here I´ll working on the belts from HGW. Outstanding materials.

So next thing is to take some attention to the innersides of the fuselages, there´s some details to get fixed before I let the airbrush work again.

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

The fueltank is painted with the same alu 27002 and some sand 63 to get yellowish colours. The panels are still wet so pics off them coming next time I´ll update. Hopefully I can have the insides finished then to.

//Larsa

Edited by Qvarre