Kagero Sopwith Camel book

LSP_K2

• 10 months later...

Just revisiting some old threads today (though I'm not entirely sure why), and I stumbled upon this. As it turns out, this appears to be a reprint of Legends #2, but with additional data and photos/illustrations. I consider it to be good value for money.

i find that many of the books coming out of Eastern Europe are head & shoulders above a lot of stuff that's gone before, such as (some of) the Squadron Signal Series...

While that may be true, I have a real soft spot for the "In Action books", as for years, I could pick them up virtually anywhere, and each gave me much more on any particular aircraft than I had available to me prior to that. Plus, their price then was more than reasonable for what was offered.

And as you point out, when a lot of the earlier works from Squadron were first published, there was a dearth of information compared to what's surfaced in the last decade.

Does anyone know the decals that are offered in 1/32 scale? Could we hope for Koscuisko Squadron insignia?

Tnarg

I'll have to check for you, though as often as not, I remove the decals and put them away separately.

Link to book on Kagero's own site. Some side views of featured a/c...

http://sklep.kagero....cate-1-193.html

Matt

While the decals often represent some of the given profiles, I'm not sure that all profiles are represented as decals. I'll still check my copy and see what I can find, (assuming I can find my copy).

Does anyone know the decals that are offered in 1/32 scale? Could we hope for Koscuisko Squadron insignia?

Tnarg

Based upon the profiles posted in the link by Matt, I'd be willing to bet they are included, as Kagero almost always seems to have Polish decals on their sheets associated with these books.

The only 1/32 camel way to go is the old Academy Aces kit. Hard to find.

And mix that in with an expensive PE set. Brand: Part I believe.

I've got the PE set, but not the Academy kit. Mind you: the Aces kit.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Yep, for some reason, the Hobbycraft Camels (LeRhone and Clerget versions), all but disappeared, so you're left with the older Hobbycraft or Academy Camel kits to choose from. But, with the Part P.E., some Master brass guns (assuming they make them, I'm not real sure), and Vector engine, those kits could still be turned into great looking models I think.

Edited by Typhoonattack1

Amazing that they have Kosciusko squadron. Maybe you could even adapt the Estonian insignia from the old HC Nieuport decals (or just mask and paint that) and have a start on the complete Baltic Air Forces from the 20's. Great stuff. Thanks for the information.

Tnarg