Brian79

Fisher Models wants to hear from you!

:speak_cool: How about and F7F Tigercat,since Fisher is suppose to be releasing a twin engine WWII aircraft soon????????

:party0023: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Id by a Fisher T-Cat in a hartbeat! In 32md Id probably even by a Lindberg kit but any Fisher offering would do it.

Brian

Harvard or Texan, I'd jump on a couple..lots of nice markings

William's got the right idea. A Harvard would go down a treat.

William's got the right idea. A Harvard would go down a treat.

Got to agree with Keith and Bill on this one too!

There are SO many options for a T-6/Harvard, that one could build 10 or 20 and not have to even blink about schemes to find for it.......

Cheers,

Brian

Ok, by order of decreasing preference:

US Navy :

Skyray

Skyrocket !

Banshee

Demon

F11F-1

Tigercat

Racers

Rare Bear (at least a conversion set for the Trumpy kit)

Travel Air Mystery Ship

Laird Turner Meteor

Conquest 1

Tsunami

Precious Metal

Hubert

Ok, by order of decreasing preference:

US Navy :

Skyray

Skyrocket !

Banshee

Demon

F11F-1

Tigercat

Racers

Rare Bear (at least a conversion set for the Trumpy kit)

Travel Air Mystery Ship

Laird Turner Meteor

Conquest 1

Tsunami

Precious Metal

Hubert

Haha! Good list Hubert!

T-Cat should not be at the bottom of that list though. :closedeyes:

Great racer list.............Love precious metal and of course Rare Bear (but only in the 90s Gold and white). But you forgot a couple good ones though.....

Miss Ashley and Czech mate!

87-1002_02_cf1.jpg

87-1002_01_cf1.jpg

CzechMate08.jpg

Well, since I am probably longer in the tooth than anyone else here I guess it is time for my 2 cents. Although it is hard to find any original teeth left in this old mouth.

Ahem, I would like to see a kit of the Japanese Kate or Val.

There, I said it and I'm glad.

However, in terms of sales for you I would think that the old T-6/Texan/Harvard would be your best choice.

After all, this old bird has been flying around almost as long as the DC-3/C-47/R4D/Gooney bird. It has been used in the air forces of 60 countries. There are many of these still in use in smaller countries and in private hands.

Personally, I do not like to make models of training aircraft, but the T-6 would be attractive to me because it has also been used in combat and an anti-insurgency attack plane. The USA used it in Korea and in Vietnam as a Forward Air Control aircraft where they were called Mosquitos. The RAF used the Harvard in Kenya against the Mau Mau in the 1950s, carrying 20 lb bombs and machine guns. France used about a hundred T-6Gs in a light attack COIN (counter insurgency) during the Algerian war armed with machine guns, bombs and rockets. From 1961 to 1975, Portugal used hundreds of T-6G in the counter insurgency role in their African colony war (in Angola, Mozambique and Portuguese Guinea). In 1957-58, the Spanish Air Force used the T6 as COIN aircraft in the Ifni War, again armed with machine guns, iron bombs and rockets. You might even think of offering it as a multi-role kit with optional armaments.

Come to think of it, the decal sets for this aircraft could number in the many dozens. Just the variations of the U.S. version would count up. The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard all had their own colors and variations of markings. Both the RAF and RN used the Harvard, so the modelers in the UK should be pleased to build it.

Oh well, I think I've made my point.

Cheers,

Stephen

Lots of great ideas so far. The Banshee for sure, long nose F11F-1 in BA markings, Hawker Sea Hawk. In addition, how about a nice Scimitar, and one that has always stirred interest across the internet boards, an FJ-3 Fury. That one would work in any scale.

Rick L.

Hey guys, you're throwing out some really good ideas. In fact some of them have come up in our conversations about possible future projects already. Keep the ideas coming, I try to stop in at least for a minute everyday. Rest assured we're working hard everyday (especially this week :frantic: ) on a broad range of really impressive accessories/add ons that we hope to have available very soon.

Hey guys, you're throwing out some really good ideas. In fact some of them have come up in our conversations about possible future projects already. Keep the ideas coming, I try to stop in at least for a minute everyday. Rest assured we're working hard everyday (especially this week :frantic: ) on a broad range of really impressive accessories/add ons that we hope to have available very soon.

Awesome! Thanks for updating us!

Cheers,

Brian

Another vote for a Harvard in 1/32. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on cake.

If you have to keep with your current theme of early NAVY jets, a Demon or a Fury in 1/32 would find their way into my collection as well.

I agree with Kevin and the others as well.

A Harvard would sell well, it has almost endless possibilities for markings and paint schemes.

Would that glass canopy mold well in the clear resin Fisher Models uses? it works great on the other kits.

I agree with Kevin and the others as well.

A Harvard would sell well, it has almost endless possibilities for markings and paint schemes.

Would that glass canopy mold well in the clear resin Fisher Models uses? it works great on the other kits.

Personally I'd rather see it in an Acetate Vac Form...lot less clarity problems with a vac. clear resin that thin might be a chalenge,remember MDC's Arado?.