Sukhoi SU-30 MKK

Out2gtcha

Ok guys…………..today IS the day!

I wrapped the big girl up tonight. Got the gear on and completed.

As ZZ Top would say, She got legs! –

Got the gear doors on and the fiddly bits for the nose gear door actuator, along with the nose gear arm cover and mud guard –

Took me some time to figure out the canopy, but that is done as well. Cans are glued in, and secure. I also got the missiles figured out and glued on, but had a slight problem with the port wing AA missile, as I broke a tab off. I got that sorted as well though.

I'm callin this big Russian girl done. My first completed GB, YAY!

One final teaser shot as I have to leave out of town this weekend to Kansas City but will be back on Sun or Mon to take some shots and put up a RFI post.

Thanks again to one and all who followed me on this quite extended journey.

So…………………..looks like there is only one thing left to say after 8 months:

FIN!

Thanks, cheers, and happy holidays to one and all!

Brian

:wow: :yahoo: :yahoo: Well Brian mate, she looks very good well done just love what you did to her.

Regards

Richard

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Im back in town now and will see if I can rise and shine tomorrow and take some pics for an RFI.

Ive already clean up the bench/workroom today after getting back, and put the P-40E (back) on the bench. It looks SO small!

Thanks again all,

Brian

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Im back in town now and will see if I can rise and shine tomorrow and take some pics for an RFI.

Okay keep the suspense for one more night!!!

She’s looking super cool and why hay!!!!! you made it to the finishing line. :beer4:

It’s been a great but hard journey and thanks for letting us share it. It was a pleasure to watch and learn.

Final bit those flamethrowers are a masterpiece – so hurry up and take the nice pictures so I can get a better, closer look at um! :coolio:

Nice very nice - Taff :D

Edited by TaffyMan

Okay keep the suspense for one more night!!!

She’s looking super cool and why hay!!!!! you made it to the finishing line. :beer4:

It’s been a great but hard journey and thanks for letting us share it. It was a pleasure to watch and learn.

Final bit those flamethrowers are a masterpiece – so hurry up and take the nice pictures so I can get a better, closer look at um! :coolio:

Nice very nice - Taff :D

Thanks a load Taff! Looks like we ended up with a pair of dirty Russian girls eh? :lol

For those interested, here is the Ready For Inspection thread on this big girl:

Sukhoi SU-30 MKK Flanker Pre-delivery scheme 504 RFI

Thanks and cheers,

Brian

• 4 months later...

Dear Brain,

Your scale model is amazing and it's a reference for my fisrt scale model costruction (I know I'm crazy). I decided to make the same Su-30MMK n°504 ; I bought all materials, kits, accessoiries etc... But I'm very sad cause I can't find nozzles from Pitzmodel. Could you send me a digital copy of the construction manual ? I'm a 3D CG artist and I think I can reproduce them in PE or with a 3D printer. I would like too, a list of all the MM paint you use....

Thank you very much for all tips and tricks you could give me.

Rudy (from France)

Dear Brain,

Your scale model is amazing and it's a reference for my fisrt scale model costruction (I know I'm crazy). I decided to make the same Su-30MMK n°504 ; I bought all materials, kits, accessoiries etc... But I'm very sad cause I can't find nozzles from Pitzmodel. Could you send me a digital copy of the construction manual ? I'm a 3D CG artist and I think I can reproduce them in PE or with a 3D printer. I would like too, a list of all the MM paint you use....

Thank you very much for all tips and tricks you could give me.

Rudy (from France)

Thanks Rudy. Ill see if I can find the instructions (think I still have them) and send them to you. Just PM me here with your E-mail address.

The paint was mainly a custom mix of MM enamel yellow zinc chromate primer, and MM insignia white. I just mixed them until I was satisfied with teh color matching the 1:1 bird. Then I took and lightened that color by 5 or maybe even more times, with white to make the really faded top color.

HTH,

Brian