MiG-23ML Flogger G

TimW

YEA Tim! Welcome to the mad house!.....Harv :party0023:

I'm good to go...between this and the WNW DH-9a, I'll be a busy bee!

Spruebrothers notified me that my Aires replacement cockpit has shipped...I know, the kit one is fine, but I just couldn't help myself! :wicked:

Tim W.

Landing gear question. I'm assuming the longer main gear legs should be used on this one so it isn't so "nose up" as the Flogger B?

The photos I've seen would indicate this...or maybe I'm just losing the ability to interpret what I'm seeing? :)

Tim W

Tim, I'm working on a Flogger G as well that I'm going to make it into 23MLD. I'm close to painting the cockpit and wheel wells. From what I see some of these jet nose wheel well were painted silver and main wheel wells painted gray. I just need to figure out what gray. BTW, aries pit and wheel wells go well with this kit. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Tim, I'm working on a Flogger G as well that I'm going to make it into 23MLD. I'm close to painting the cockpit and wheel wells. From what I see some of these jet nose wheel well were painted silver and main wheel wells painted gray. I just need to figure out what gray. BTW, aries pit and wheel wells go well with this kit. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Mike--

Got the Aires wheel wells--they are a work of art. I thought silver was wrong 'til I researched it a bit--one problem with some of the photos of those "display" a/c we can see nowadays is it looks like they've painted them with any old color to fight corrosion--not necessarily what operational ones had.

Grey wheel wells seems right to me, though.

My question is which main gear legs to use--I'm going to go with the extended ones, I think, to get less of a Flogger B "nose up" attitude.

Pictures soon...

Tim W.

Extended, Tim

Roger the extended!

Aires cockpit arrived today! :speak_cool:

As soon as I'm relieved of child supervisory duties, it's back to the modelling dungeon!

Tim W.

Decals arrived today....I can do missiles or a bomb-laden '23. Hmm, that would be different.

Decisions, decisions.

Pictures very soon....

Tim W.

In the beginning, there were Aires and CMK aftermarket bits...

Volc007.jpg

Yes, I know those are helo pilots, but they will look appropriately VVS MiG driver when I'm done with them.

These wheel wells are amazing. Initial coat of grey..haven't tackled the details yet.

Volc001.jpg

Initial cockpit work...it's actually further along than this, but more pictures will be coming.

Volc017.jpg

Tim W

Nice start Tim. :clap2:

Waiting for other pictures.

What kind of Blueish green did you use?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Jamme

Jamme--

I'm using the Model-Master Interior Green.

Tim W.