What Kit Would Be On Your Wish List?

K'Tesh

Yak-9 would be first choice, a U model slightly preferable to the -D.

La-7 would be next.

Frankly, between what is reliably upcoming and what is already out, I don't have many 1st tier "must-haves" left!

Matt

Hi All

Cessna O1-A/L-19A "Bird Dog"
Pilatus PC-6 turbo Porter

Raf :speak_cool:

...I think that I may wish to add the Cessna 0-2-0 Skymaster and A-37 to that list also...

A Tamiya standard 1/32 Mirage IV-A and 1/24 Folland Gnat would also tickle my fancy biggrin.gif

Great choices, which seems to cover just about everything. I would, of course also include my favourite, the P-61 Black Widow, but I know that this one will become a reality one way or another if I have anything to do with it (especially if that Bulgarian fellow stops following me!laugh.gif ).

Cheers

Derek Edited by Derek B

Another vote for the Tiffie in 1/32. It's great to have a good choice of Hurris and Spitfires, but the Typhoon is surely one of the most crucial front-line WWII planes not to be available in large scale.(I agree the MDC is gorgeous, I might well end up using their details parts with the Revell kit)

(I"d like a 1/32 Ju52 too, it's a Where Eagles Dare thing...)

Edited by PaulCT

.............. the Typhoon is surely one of the most crucial front-line WWII planes not to be available in large scale.

I dont know man............are you sure this doesnt count as both a Typhoon and Large scale??

cv32037reviewbg_22.jpg

cv32037reviewbg_7.jpg

cv32037reviewbg_16.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

The MDC offering is one of the best and most accurate kits around..........albeit resin, its thin, and well made. A bit pricey though

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Wow, that Tiffie is nice! It would look great next to my Shturmovik... Okay, back to reality. An La-5FN. One of the most significant and heavily used fighters of the war and I'm not even sure it's available as a card LSP.

Regards,

Jason

Nice 32nd Voodoo would be great,or... Whirlwind ..perhaps a detailed DH Beaver,Harvard??. but the way large scale is hitting the market who the heck has time to wish? :speak_cool:

Edited by williamj

B.P. Defiant !!

Great choice Erwin, and long overlooked! :speak_cool:

It must be difficult as a manufacturer to decide which great subject to do next!

The really big companies like Revell, Tamiya and Trumpeter have the resources to do a lot more subjects each year than the smaller one's, so I would expect more from them on that basis anyway.

Tamiya's output in 1/32 has increased again, so sales must be better than they were despite the current worldwide economic situation or they wouldn't produce them.

This has got to be good for the hobby, but for the manufacturer it must be a nightmare second guessing what the other companies are doing at any one time?

The Tamiya and Z-M Mustangs are a recent example, and clearly they are responding to online forums like LSP to gauge likely subjects.

Will this backfire on us?

In terms of possible reduced sales from the competing companies, there are only a certain amount of modelers that participate in our scale to buy them, will sales be enough?

I hope that it won't backfire, but what an incredible situation to be in now!

One thing's for sure, 1/32 scale is back with a vengeance, and our collections are no doubt going to get ever larger over the next few years with some truly outstanding kits!

Roll on!!!! :D

Roy. (The ever hopeful).

• 1 year later...

I am somewhat surprised that the XP/P/F-82 Twin Mustang isn't listed in the posts. This is a very historic aircraft, albeit somewhat unorthodox. Last propeller driven fighter ordered by the Air Force, first kills in Korea, NACA high altitude research, etc. There are also many variants with either Rolls or Allison power, the black night fighters and the ones used in Alaska. I have designed and built one from the original NAA drawings, and the help of Tom Reilly's restoration of the last remaining XP, but would really like to see more time applied to a really good 1/32 scale kit. So far I have built 4 models from my molds, but have had to modify P-51 detail parts for the cockpit, landing gear, and gun bay. The models are accurate, but take time to bring to completion. It sure would be nice to be able to simply build a model instead of having to make the parts, then build the model. Tom's restoration would be a perfect place to get the information to generate a production kit.....

Ken

Edited by foiler