Trumpeter P-47N

TimW

And a few more. This was OOB with only Eduard seatbelts added. Decals by Zotz--thank goodness for them! It's amazing how FUBAR Trumpeter decal sheets can be--their efforts to misspell and otherwise mangle the nose art in this kit were truly epic.

Jug2.jpg

Jug1.jpg

Very Nice!!

My Favorite decal set, wish I could get me hands on one.

The tail....all paint?

Looks great!

Cheers,

Dave

The yellow bits are paint--the black stripes come with the Zotz set. All I had to do was a bit of trimming and some touch up. While these markings weren't in use long, I wanted to show this particular aircraft toward the end of hostilities (July 45), when they redid the tail markings and added the nose art to the left side.

Regards,

Tim W

• 5 months later...

Awesome! UPS just gave me this very kit yesterday...I'd made a very slight start on the Academy 1/48 kit before deciding I didn't have time to knock it out before the move...but I think the big Trumpy will probably take its place at the bench once I get things up and running again. I'll be coming back to check this one out again for sure when the time comes.

Need to grab the Zotz set as well...though I so wish the Expected Goose markings were available in 32nd. Probably my favorite nose art of all time:

scan0045_web.jpg

Edited by DoogsATX