Trumpeter 1/32 RNZAF A-4K "Kahu Upgrade"

Lol, I knew what you ment! Easy done with all the Corsair builds going on here...

Ok so here is an update on the avionics bay.

DSC_0012_zps4wc5a3i3.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsi7taszid.jpg

Looking at the pics now, I think maybe I should have made that channel section thinner....oh well. Avionics boxes to do now all the structure is made, you may have noticed I ripped out the cast cabling and replaced it with a slightly different loom.

Probably what you cant see with my crappy photo's is the mix of 2 different greens. Something like a US Interior green and this unusual green the Kiwi's painted on the new or refurbed structure.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, nice one! Lucky you

I am waiting for a test print to come through, we had to break the panel into a couple of parts.

Love that overall green scheme the more I look at it.

Cheers

Anthony

P.S.......yes it is inspiring me LOL

• 5 months later...

Like this....

Picture%20035_zpstsrnyexq.jpg

Yes, I am with you on that. Overall green, quite weathered with paint touch ups and oil staining I think would look pretty interesting

Bit like this

10603394_613647078732539_122871612140414There is no photo on my end. At least for the one to my left here.

• 3 months later...

I was looking at my dusty pile of A4 bits on my shelf of doom the other day and I thought I wasn’t happy with Trumpeters ejection seat. Anyone have a link to the best after market resin one for a Kahu build?

Edited by hamfists nz

I was looking at my dusty pile of A4 bits on my shelf of doom the other day and I thought I wasn't happy with Trumpeters ejection seat. Anyone have a link to the best after market resin one for a Kahu build?

I have been modifying the Aires/Quickboost one to the 1-G3 (I think from memory. Mostly the headbox needs modifying. I have experimented with filling the back with clear resin and then masking off the windows and spraying the black. First attempt was a fail, but I have a better idea of going about it. I will advise when I get back to it.

Could be interested indeed. Although I had the thought of grafting a Hasegawa T-Bird nose onto the Trumpy kit and doing in Lizard scheme. Having said that I doubt I will have the mental energy to make another Kiwi Skyhawk...LOL

Will keep in touch about it. You have first option

Cheers

Anthony

• 4 months later...

Did you see GDWs canopy build Anthony? Are you planning to do yours open? I’m wondering how to tackle it because it needs a stiffener of some sort but I don’t want it to be visible and I don’t think the Kahu has that bulkhead behind the bang seat

Edited by hamfists nz

2 hours ago, hamfists nz said:

Did you see GDWs canopy build Anthony? Are you planning to do yours open? I’m wondering how to tackle it because it needs a stiffener of some sort but I don’t want it to be visible and I don’t think the Kahu has that bulkhead behind the bang seat

Yes mate I did

No the Kiwi ones are different at the back of the canopy and don't have that rear bulkhead.  I like his fix for a strong attach but haven't looked too deeply into it for us with the K's we are doing.  I have a bunch of photo's for when the time comes.  I will throw my ideas out there when I get ready do work on the kit again, and please let me know if you have any ideas.

Cheers

Anthony