Trumpeter 1/32 RNZAF A-4K "Kahu Upgrade"

Yep, you will enjoy that, its a really good DVD!

Oh I so want to do this cockpit on my Model...I wonder how far away Roy is to producing it? Must email him

There is also a great book on RNZAF Skyhawks by my good friend Don Simms

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/skyhawks-the-history-of-the-rnzaf-skyhawk-hardback/10200934

Cheers Anthony

The RNZAF A-4 DVD arrived in the mail today. I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction to this aspect of the A-4 story. It was something to see a line of Skyhawks going through the streets of Auckland after being unloaded from the aircraft carrier! Now it's time to get the book you recommended.

• 1 month later...

LOL, caught out!

I've been busy on my Auster rebuild.  My engineers have me on a few deadlines and modelling had been on the backburner.  Not from lack of want to get stuck in again.  I have been working on my rear bulkhead and First Aid box as well as several other brackets etc. 

How about you how's your Skyhawk coming along?

16 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

LOL, caught out!

I've been busy on my Auster rebuild.  My engineers have me on a few deadlines and modelling had been on the backburner.  Not from lack of want to get stuck in again.  I have been working on my rear bulkhead and First Aid box as well as several other brackets etc. 

How about you how's your Skyhawk coming along?

Great to see you are restoring an Auster - a real classic - had a minor setback with the A4G when it flipped backwards off the modelling desk to the floor with subsequent damage but back on track again after a session in the panel beaters!

CJP

Edited by CJP

Well great recovery mate, you would never know....superb result so far!

Yeah, the Auster is a T.7 variant I am rebuilding back to 'stock' factory military configuration...Quite the challenge finding all the original equipment!

Cheers Anthony

18 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Well great recovery mate, you would never know....superb result so far!

Yeah, the Auster is a T.7 variant I am rebuilding back to 'stock' factory military configuration...Quite the challenge finding all the original equipment!

Cheers Anthony

Found your Auster WE552 on Facebook and it looks like a real quality rebuild  - thanks for positive comments on the A4G

CJP

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, hamfists nz said:

Any news on the cockpit/hud set Anthony?

Yes actually.  The initial parts did not work well for casting and so Kerry has had to redesign the breakdown.  There are less parts and some of the features had to be enhanced (like some of the bezels, switches and screens). The redesign looks brilliant and I think much nicer!

I have a print of the redesigned parts and they look amazing.  I will try and take some photos in the coming days.

I suspect (really hope) the finished product wont be too far away now....

Edited by Anthony in NZ