Trumpeter 1/32 RNZAF A-4K "Kahu Upgrade"

Thanks Peter!

Thats a real compliment coming from you after following your F-15I, thank you.

I just wanted to say that I received these decals from Simon (KitmodellerNZ) and they are Awesome with a capital 'A'.  If you are planning a Kiwi Scooter in the overall green scheme, then this is a must have!  The extra attention to detail etc is second to none.  Along with the names for the pilots for the last flights etc.

IMG_0770_zps4s1vhltn.jpg

If you want them, then his email is KMNZdecals@gmail.com  I have nothing to do with his little production, just feel you should know.

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Thanks guys!  Really appreciate that feedback!  I am really enjoying working on her again.

Just working on replacing the weld beads and have replaced the circular doublers for the sway braces as the detail went too 'soft' when I sanded them down thinner.  

Will come back when I have more progress to show.

Cheers guys

Anthony

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi all

I am adding stiffener circular plates to where the sway braces contact the tank and have drilled several holes in the top (and also going through the pylon) to give solid attachment pins going right through the lower wing and be able to epoxy it in.  I don't want it jettisoning on the display cabinet in a few years time LOL.  But the good thing is that it serves as couplings and transfer lines to be replicated.    Also reworking the sway braces like I did with the other pylons.

more to show I will start posting again soon.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony - good to see your A4K getting some attention again - can you tell me what diameter those circular stiffening circular plates on the wing tanks are in 1/32? - I need to add these on my A4G when I get back to it soon.

Cheers

CJP

Hi Chris, good to be back on the Skyhawk again, I have to say....

The disc's are Number 5 on my Waldron punch and Die set.  It measures 3mm dia.  Hope that helps

Now, small update, I have replaced those disc's with much thinner plastic card with no need to sand.  I drilled and fitted the rearmost 2 fuel transfer (?) lines and 'plumbed them with solder wire.  Everything now 'slots and locks' into the pylon and should be a positive bond.  However one thing has been bugging me and I have tried to ignore it.  That is this 400gal tank I mastered long ago I feel is 3mm too long in the back end...  It could be I have mounted it too far aft, but I don't think so.  Anyway it bothered me that it was just slightly too long in relation to the arresting hook mount......so I cut it, shortened it and epoxied the rear section back on.  I feel a lot happier now and it looks right compared to photo's.

IMG_0771_zpsa6bqp06v.jpg

Just need to clean this up and do those pesky welds.

Thanks for looking in as always

Anthony

3 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi Chris, good to be back on the Skyhawk again, I have to say....

The disc's are Number 5 on my Waldron punch and Die set.  It measures 3mm dia.  Hope that helps

Thanks for looking in as always

Anthony

Thanks Anthony that is a great help.

CJP

Ok weld beads replaced and everything is now ready to be sanded/blended and primed. Pylon just placed in situ for now

IMG_0773_zpslyl7eilh.jpg

Thanks for looking

Anthony

edit: cant seem to rotate the image....

Edited by Anthony in NZ
try to rotate image