DH9a

TimW

Looks good. Will watch this.

Add Red stars, and you are in the multiwing as well as in the From Russia GB with one kit ;-) The commies liked the Liberty too. At least as an engine. Also the DH design. They made a lot of these under license. Maybe I will build one too, one day.

Regards!

- dutik

Looks good. Will watch this.

Add Red stars, and you are in the multiwing as well as in the From Russia GB with one kit ;-) The commies liked the Liberty too. At least as an engine. Also the DH design. They made a lot of these under license. Maybe I will build one too, one day.

Regards!

- dutik

Very tempting idea...I feel the same way about my Roden Tripehound--apparently the Bolshies got their hands on at least one.

I'm going with the USMC version on this one (I have lots of RAF/RFC stuff already) for some variety. Doing a Soviet version would be an excuse to get another one! :)

Tim W

To make it much more silly:

A soviet R-1 M5 (i.e. soviet made DH-9a, Liberty engine) with Afghan crests and the slogan "Allah is great" in Arab letters under the wings. The Russians delivered a fistful 1924-1927 to Afghanistan, while it was still a monarchy, to gain influence (plus some more aircraft of different types). Think about the "Great game" between Russia and UK.

That would be my excuse to buy one.

OK, I'll grab the popcorn now and watch your progress.

Regards!

- dutik

Edited by dutik

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap! The struts and upper wing went on as smoothly as anything I've ever built!!!!

The BrisFit and Harry Tate were more, er, "challenging," shall we say.

Pictures to follow shortly.

Stay tuned!

Tim W.

OK....I'm in the home stretch. Tried to do some "streaky" effects on the paint job, but don't know that I like how it came out. I went for the greener PC10 as these aircraft weren't quite so worn out as some...I also do it for variety otherwise all my RFC-painted stuff will look the same. This will be the USMC Ninack when done, as you can see from the rudder markings.

Volc001-2.jpg

Volc003-1.jpg

Volc005-1.jpg

Not a Polikarpov R-1? Oh well. Still a brilliant job, Tim. It should look very nice in the USMC markings.

Regards,

Jason

I admit...I thought about the R-1 option. Maybe the next one! :)

Tim W.

• 3 weeks later...