Trumpeter Skyhawk tweaks

thierry laurent

Just awesome, Thierry. Thank you so much for the effort put into these list. Will make work much easyer(or harder, depending how you look at it !) Much apreciated.............Harv

This is intended to be useful... As you wrote, work will be either easier or harder according to the will to correct some or all the problems! BTW, I never said that correcting everything is the the only good approach.Modelling has to stay fun!!!

Anthony, I'm sorry for the vortex gen pics but I only found my card reader yesterday evening. As you finally choose the photoetch choice approach, what is your feedback?

Stunning list Thierry!

It's a shame there are no:

a/ provisions for the APS-117 TIAS Iron Hand shooters flown by VA-55 - mostly comprising a lump under the nose, and some the tail fin hotdog. Dual-Shrike ADU-315/316 launchers used by VA-55 Warhorses can be found in the Trumpy F-105 kits.

b/ D704 buddy refuelling pod.

The Trumpy kit is, however, growing on me, especially with a Hasegawa in the attic to act as spare parts locker. Thanks so much for identifying the tweaks,

Tony T

Thank Tony!

There was a D704. It is probably the sole resin kit ever released by Scale Aircraft Conversions. It is not too difficult to find one on ebay as they appear regularly (look for this item: 360465935065). The set is quite comprehensive as decals for the pod are included.

Unfortunately, Trumpeter has not the same policy than Hobby Boss. They're not used to decline multiple variants of a same plane in 1/32th. So I think aftermarket is the only hope...

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Has anyone heard anything about the G factor u/c eta?

I am getting a friend who helps fellow modellers out here in NZ with decals make up some 'zaps' and stenciling in the nosewheel wells at the moment.

Also for those still looking, it seems there is one more 32nd RNZAF decal sheet for the 'Lizard' scheme available.

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony, I have been in contact with Ernie( been a while though) and I know he was working on them . I messaged him today but haven't heard back. I supplied Matt the legs from my kit to use, so I am as anxious as anyone. I'll let all know when I hear anything.......Harv