Trumpeter Skyhawk tweaks

thierry laurent

I think a Kahu cockpit would be popular, not just for the Trumpeter kit, but the Hasegawa also, especially with some Kiwi decals on the way.

did i miss something in this thread - who is doing some Kiwi decals?

i have the hasa sitting here waiting its turn

How common are those short tank end caps? The majority of pictures I've seen of the 300 gallon wing tanks show the normal two fin design. The only other tank I've seen is the 400 gal centerline tank with the flat end.

I have the D&S book. It shows a lot of photos with the caps in place. Also the usual Squadron/Signal, Osprey, War paint and other books show quite a few.

Gordon just listed them here:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/132-ams-resin-a-4-skyhawk-drop-tank-short-end-caps-with-bonus-throttle-32055-p27294.aspx

Edited by Harold

• 2 weeks later...

I just cast the first pair of intakes....I will be casting some tomorrow.

I also used the kit seat to do a "dressed" version with belts. Plus a few small corrections.

I will scan them tomorrow and post what I did.

I now have the seat, intakes, throttle and side consoles for the Trumpy kit. I probably will stop there for now. I still have other pressing projects to complete.

Cheers,

Harold

I will cast some and add them to the baggies

I'm glad that Harv dived in hear, as I do not yet know the scoot enough to advise you. However, anything you add will be a real boon for any modeller, so I would probably say yes anyway!

Derek

I'm glad that Harv dived in hear, as I do not yet know the scoot enough to advise you. However, anything you add will be a real boon for any modeller, so I would probably say yes anyway!

Derek

Sounds good..