AV8B Harrier

Rob Colvin

OOB (LOL) except the mavs/ rails, cbu's, mini gun face, sheet plastic, and some elbow grease.

Strectched the outer pylons

Took the vents off the lower back of the aircraft.

Sanded the raised bumps in the intakes off

Filled the divets in the 3 and 5 pylon

Knocked off the GPS antenna

Reworked the IP to a single CRT

Added a mini gun in the pod and eliminated the single barrel.

Filled the gaping hole in the other pod were the faux "other" gun was

Re worked the intake vents above the Lerx...lex?

Added sheet to the cockpit so the back of the tub and the lefthand side wall would reach the cockpit sill

Sanded the nose down some... it is still not right, but close I guess

Kit decals for VMA 231.... do not drink and decal. I had to get replacements as the trump cals are super touchy... It would have been nice to have a real sheet of DECALS...hint hint!

Replaced the weapons.... Academy mavs and Tamiya cbu's

Other than that the kit is great

Next time a later harrier....NA or a 2 plus...less to fix

Thats about it...I think lol

S!

Here she is

DSCN4730.jpg

DSCN4729.jpg

DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4739.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

DSCN4733.jpg

DSCN4731.jpg

Edited by Rob Colvin

Great build Rob!

I for one will be looking forward to the GR7 version when it comes my way.

Pity they took them out of RAF service before their time, but that's life I guess.

I hope mine comes out as good? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Roy.

I've started this one, but I've never finished it.

Two reasons: my primer was uneven, and than I couldn't managed to wipe it off as I should, and decals caused me a lot of troubles.

Anyway I admire your results!

You inspire me to try once more with that bird :)

I've started this one, but I've never finished it.

Two reasons: my primer was uneven, and than I couldn't managed to wipe it off as I should, and decals caused me a lot of troubles.

Anyway I admire your results!

You inspire me to try once more with that bird :)

I had a similar problem with uneven primer paint on a model I was doing, it just kept dispersing in certain areas.

Until I remembered that some sprues aren't always totally clean and carry some of the release agent off the mould.

So, got some liquid detergent and wiped down the offending areas, and hey presto no more problems!

Don't know if your model suffered in the same way, but worth a try if you haven't done it yet?

Funny how you can forget this stuff after a while.:blink:

Roy.

rob , that is a beautiful model , again , its just a pity you had to do so much "fettling" to produce such a great model

As for the stories of paint not adhering to Trunpter plastic, i've see this on numerous Trumpter kits , i've tried using alclad primer , that is a pretty "hot" forulation , and on occasuion that balls up as well, its got to the point where i wash , sand using 1500grit , and a wipe over with white spirits, (enamel paint thinner) , and that usually cures it...(most of the time!!!)

I have built a bunch of the Trumpeter kits over the years and have no real problem with the paint/primer peeling up/uneven. I guess this is because by the time the model is ready to paint I have pretty much sanded the top layer of plastic off of the entire model.... in an attempt to fix "something"...........Mr Surfacer 1000 is the stuff. The best primer ever and out of the rattle can. As far as the trumpeter decals go they are Very thin and go down well, however make sure your aim is true as the decals do not like to be moved and if the decals fold over on themselves then it will crease and or not unfold. Next time I decal with Trump decals....NO BEER LOL

Thanks for all the comment.

Rob