Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

Hi Matt,

Final got to looking at your build here.

Great work, heaps of aftermarket parts.

Love the cockpit and the use of self adhesive PE.

Great detail paint in the wheels also.

Look forward to more updates.

Glad to see you back on model bench.

Christian :speak_cool:

Hi Matt,

Final got to looking at your build here.

Great work, heaps of aftermarket parts.

Love the cockpit and the use of self adhesive PE.

Great detail paint in the wheels also.

Look forward to more updates.

Glad to see you back on model bench.

Thanks Christian, I hope to be back to the Flanker very soon. Should be able to get the decals in the next week or two, then I can start painting this one up. Need to figure something out for the Russian Falcons side, but the Kazakh side should be easy to do with the Linden HIll markings. :speak_cool:

Thanks for stopping in and reading man, you're always good motivation. I've been having internet issues, but I hope to get the Revell Ju-52 instructions scanned and sent to you today, along with the photos of the kit interior.

Matt :party0023:

Thanks Christian, I hope to be back to the Flanker very soon. Should be able to get the decals in the next week or two, then I can start painting this one up. Need to figure something out for the Russian Falcons side, but the Kazakh side should be easy to do with the Linden HIll markings. :speak_cool:

Thanks for stopping in and reading man, you're always good motivation. I've been having internet issues, but I hope to get the Revell Ju-52 instructions scanned and sent to you today, along with the photos of the kit interior.

Hi Matt,

No worries on the instructions and photos of interior.

It will be a few weeks before I start the interior.

Keep up the great work on the Flanker.

Hi Matt,

No worries on the instructions and photos of interior.

It will be a few weeks before I start the interior.

Keep up the great work on the Flanker.

Thanks Christian. I still like to be punctual, and respond quickly when people ask things of me, so I will get them sent very soon.

Glad you like the Flanker, hopefully I can get some work done soon. The next step is painting, and that will sure be interesting, with the split scheme.

Matt

Nice work on the burners and cans. Always nice to see progress.

Peter

Thank you Peter. I'm really glad you're enjoying this build, I'm having fun with it. Hope to be back to this soon, and I hope to see some more of your builds, I liked the Bearcat you did.

Thanks Christian. I still like to be punctual, and respond quickly when people ask things of me, so I will get them sent very soon.

Glad you like the Flanker, hopefully I can get some work done soon. The next step is painting, and that will sure be interesting, with the split scheme.

Can not wait to see this.

I guess your arm is getting a lot better now.

Christian

Can not wait to see this.

I guess your arm is getting a lot better now.

Christian

Thanks Christian. The arm is getting a lot better already. Still sore and stiff, but it's recovering. I've been able to start working on models again, so hopefully the Flanker will work it's way to the top of the build pile. I hope you got that e-mail from me with the instructions, it took a few tries to get the file small enough to send off. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the great comments, hope to not disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

She's lookin sweeeeet !!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! I actually got the canopy painted this morning, so will hopefully be able to get on the painting soon, maybe get the white put down on the left half tomorrow, once I finish up masking the wheel bays. :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking in, and thank you for the nice comments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, guess what came in the mail today?! My Linden Hill decals finally showed up! The Kazakh scheme looks awesome, but I will have to find some paints for it. The instructions only come for the AKAN line of paints, but since I don't have those, I'll have to find conversions, or mix my own paints from the Model Master enamels. If anyone knows of a conversion chart, that would be great. Glad to get back to work on this build, it's been a long time since I've gotten anything done.

Matt, I did a search of Linden hills and they are showing some of the 6 pack russian colors back in stock. So you have a source for AKAN paints....Harv :speak_cool:

Matt, I did a search of Linden hills and they are showing some of the 6 pack russian colors back in stock. So you have a source for AKAN paints....Harv :speak_cool:

Thanks Harv. I've never used the AKAN though, I'm much more comfortable free-handing Model Master Enamels, so that's why I'm looking for the cross-reference, but if the AKAN is all there is, it can work. Have you worked with them before? Do they work and spray well? Can i spray fine details with them?

Matt, I haven't had the chance to work with them...yet. But from all the reviews I've read, it is supposed to be very easy to use, sprays very well straight from the bottle. What I heard is why I got them. I stickily use acrylics anyway(MM).....Harv :piliot: