Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

Pics...we need pics !!And, you owe me a wheel well set..........Harv :evil_laugh:

No, he owes each of us a wheel well set. I think I'm the farthest along here right? Therefore, someone should donate a wheel well set to me so I can keep building.... :evil_laugh:

And yeah Brian, we need pictures of those Pitz burners. They look amazing on the website, but I need to see them for real!

There's sooooo many PE frets individually bagged in the kit that its going to take awhile just to photograph it all!

Ill tear (not literally) into the pitz package tomorrow and take some photos. Man O man............I spent the better part of two days in E-mails and translations with Mirko from Pitz models getting a tutorial on how to weather and heat treat the nozzles. ATM they are shiny and new, but there are about 3 or 4 things that will be done to the cans in the end to get them as they would appear in combat mode.

So now that the Pitz set is here, I am now just a couple of players short to make this production of mine...........Im still waiting on my paint mask set from Ian of Ad Astra, and a set of pylons and some missles from Chris @ Zactoman, and I should be ready to start my beast.

Looking good so far Matt! :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Brian, you also need to start your build thread.

Yeah, your right Harv...........Since I have waited this long, I figured Id just wait till the day after tomorrow (technically) and start my WIP under the new FRwL GB.

Looks like the voting has leveled off with our GB still in the lead by 6 votes. :D

Cheers,

Brian

I'm with Harvey on this one Brian. Time to start the build thread. We've both got them going, and we're only two days from victory in the GB voting. Plus, I really want to see the pictures of these Pitz burners, and how you choose to tackle the assembly.

Hey guys. I'm having a bit of a thought crisis here, and I need some help figuring it out. I already know that I will be doing this plane in the split camouflage scheme, with one half of it being the Russian Falcons airshow team, but it's the other half I'm having problems deciding. Do I want to do it in the Ukranian splinter, "Blue 69" on the Linden Hill sheet, or do I want to do it in the Kazakh camo scheme off of the Linden Hill sheet 32006? Both schemes are so striking and amazing, but I've never seen anyone do the Kazakh scheme before, and it would be pretty awesome! What are your thoughts guys?

I say go for the Kazakh camo. That way, all 3 will be diferant...Harv :rolleyes:

That is very true. The contrast will be good for our builds. I think I'm going to go that route, and do the Kazakh bird. Thanks Harv, you're a big help. Hope your build is going well, I just installed the kit intakes tonight, and applied some Surfacer to the very small gaps that appeared.

Hey everybody. I'm back with an update tonight. I've got a whole week off from school, so i hope to get a bunch of modeling time in this week, wish those landing gear bays would get back in stock though. :BANGHEAD2:

But Harv, I did put in the order today for the Linden Hill decals to do the Kazakh Flanker. Can't wait, it looks so cool!

Here't the new progress today, the intakes have now been added, and the seams taken care of. There was really nothing major, just a little bit of Dissolved Putty applied and smoothed off, and we're all done!

Su-27UB039.jpg

The underside of the fuselage is massive! This is just such a huge plane.

Su-27UB043.jpg

Su-27UB040.jpg

And the very small seams taken care of and filled in. This was really easy clean-up, not any effort at all.

Su-27UB042.jpg

Su-27UB041.jpg

And the intake ramps, which sadly hide everything on the inside. Hopefully will be able to get these sprayed up with Alclad, and weathered even though they're installed already.

That's it for this update, nothing too strenuous, but just enough to keep me motivated. Hope you guys enjoy reading this one, and all comments and concerns are welcomed and encouraged.

Looks like they came out great. Linden Hill is GOOD. Did you get their stencil sheets? $ whole sheets in the pack. UMM-USA has the wheel wells and a little cheaper. I sent them an email to see if they were in stock. I'll let you know....Harv :speak_cool:

No, I skipped on the stencil sheet. That's the one part of decaling that drives me up a wall, and almost made me go crazy working on the Mig. I'm just sticking to the markings, and whatever stencil Trumpeter supplies. I just found them at Roll Models, I've never used them before, does anyone know if they're good for service and shipping like Sprue Brothers?

Just notified ( and purchased) wheel well set from Sprue Bro. They were showing 2 in stock....RUN, DON'T WALK. Order NOW!!!. thats all.....Harv :party0023:

Thanks Harv. I just got the same e-mail, and just put in my order. Made sure I didn't miss them this time! :speak_cool:

Now once those get here, I can finally get moving again on the Flanker, can't wait to make more progress on this one!!!!

Edited by scvrobeson